Re: What brings you the most peace?

#44035 3 years ago
Mr. telinski
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

#44041 3 years ago
Many things, mostly nature and enjoying the natural world, i.e hiking, mountain biking etc... but there is NOTHING that brings me more inner peace than being totally enveloped in the music, down-front, at a show when this music is flowing like it has been since this band formed. OMmmmmmmmmm!
StuartSlate
Expert Boarder

#44063 3 years ago
My advice is to keep working out as much as you can. Physical exhaustion is usually a good cure for an overactive mind.

I know your stress level is off the charts right about now - butt don't even take one single puff from a cigarette or else you are back to square one with the nicotine addiction. Unfortunately, after just one drag you will not only still have to face real life, butt with a full-blown nicotine addiction again added on to it to boot.

This place helped me a lot with the cigs a few years back. whyquit.com

Hang in there. Don't take another puff. It won't help nor solve ANYTHING.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by StuartSlate. Reason: trying to make the link hyper
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony
mirabelasunshine
Junior Boarder

#44103 3 years ago
Good question.

Late night, telinski and a good book ...

A long hilly run in cool weather

The moment after my kids fall asleep on a multi-day backpacking trip

My wife's eyes

Lots of things. I'm blessed, I guess.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#44122 3 years ago
Brainwave entrainment. That is some heavy stuff. Alphas, betas, thetas, yea, it's all good stuff.
JStraw
Junior Boarder

#44148 3 years ago
Family, Music, the Outdoors, & Telinski!

In that order...
Those who hear not the music. . . think the dancers mad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: splatter_face
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#44205 3 years ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Above all, floating in salt water above a coral reef, surrounded by fish and only the sound of my own breathing. If that's not available, and at the risk of sounding corny, a really good hug from someone who loves me.

If you were standing beside me, I would give you a really big hug!
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#44207 3 years ago
captaintony wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
Above all, floating in salt water above a coral reef, surrounded by fish and only the sound of my own breathing. If that's not available, and at the risk of sounding corny, a really good hug from someone who loves me.

And then I pull out my taser gun and watch you dance! lol
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#44236 3 years ago
I've thought about this.

I love my workout. The whole deal over there is great. We all get along and work hard. Not easy to do when hitting and kicking each other are involved. Excellent stress relief. Brings me great joy, peace, and happiness.

My dog brings me a lot of peace. I lived in a van for 15 years. I had to sleep with one eye open sometimes when I was in a rough area. When I moved into an apartment here my neighbors gave me my dog Rockie. One night before I was going to sleep I double checked where I was, like I did in the van. The dog was on the floor next to the bed. I realized that whatever may happen, the dog will let me know all about it. I've slept better since.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The thing that brings me the most peace though, is making love to my girlfriend. I'm not talking about sweet smiles over coffee the next morning. I mean the physical act of making love. Grabbing her up by the ankles, and well, you know the rest. I'm fat, 300+, she's frail, 110. I use my inertia well. We get that bed rocking, and its the best. Its the thing that makes me the most peaceful.

Oh yeah, and doughnuts.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#44287 3 years ago
captaintony wrote:
captaintony wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:

And then I pull out my taser gun and watch you dance! lol

And here I was in the middle of a big "AWW" reading the first post, and then I got to the second one...
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds