• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Just got back from The Vibes...

#43405 3 years, 3 months ago
What a hot weekend, but a great time! .... of course though it had to get off on the wrong start I wanted. I got back from Mansfield around 3am and was getting stuff ready for Vibes so I could leave early in the mornig and I got to sleep around 5:45am. Bob Weir solo in Woodstock, NY went onsale at 10am and on the website it said tickets onsale online only. So of course my alarm went off at 9am and I was about to go to bed until at least 9:30 when I discovered we have no internet connection, So I spent the next hour trying to get it to work on the phone with Cox then near 10 I started calling people to try to get them to do it for me with my card, I had to have my friend sign in my e-mail to reset my password and all this crazy stuff then the tickets wern't even on sale at 10. I kept calling ticketmaster while he was trying for me and I actually got tickets threw them on the phone, even though the website said online sales only..... general admission standing room only and the place holds like 500 people, luckily I'm in!! --- then after the show we'll head up to Mohawk for the last day of the Moedown Festival with Bob Weir playing with Levon Helm and Bruce Hornsby is playing that day to.

Well anyway I got to Vibes in the a/c but from arival on the weather was just pure brutal. I missed Taj Mahal which I was dissapointed about but it was so damn hot I didn't care. Seen the end of Derek and Susan then Levon's band was great, with Larry Cambel and Terrissa Williams which I didn't even know they were part of it. Bob Weir came out and played on "Deep Elem Blues" and "Attics of my Life". Joe Russo sat in some songs as well including Deep Elem, Evangaline and The Weight.

Furthur was awesome, allthough the night didn't get much cooler. During The Eleven this guy next to me had heat stroke or something. First he fell flat on his face and he got up and looked alright, people were helping him. I though someone ran into him and I asked him if thats what happened and he said yes but later on people around us said he was having heat stroke. He started freaking out again, everyone was giving him water n stuff but he looked real bad so I ran to get help. By the time I was telling people by the VIP gate what was going on, a couple other girls were there screaming for someone to help, so I went back. Before I left he was sitting in my chair with people trying to help but he wasn't looking good at all. When I got back my chair was layed out on the floor I guess he fell over again. By the time security came he was standing, he told them he was fine, they shined a flash light in his eyes and then they left. The guys friends took him out of there though so hopefully he was alright.

Took over an hour to find our campsite that night, I guess we should have payed attention to where our camp site was before it got dark. Saturday we went in for Deep Banana Black out and Moe, Moe was alright but I wasn't to crazy about them. Elvis Costello was the highlight of the night - great set from him. Janes Addiction = not quite my thing but they were rocking for those who like them. Sunday I was upset about the overlapping David Gans/Dr. John set. I seen all of Gans, who was very good. When he first started there was pratically nobody there but people came throughout his set. The weather for Gans was good, cloudy with a decent breeze, it was cloudy all day sunday until we got to the main stage. Litterly right after we set up our chairs the sun starts baking us and it didn't go down until after the Rhythm Devils. They were good, nice to see Billy and Mickey playing together. Dr. John was great to, we missed the begining to see all of David Gans. Still a great voice (Dr. John).

All in all it was a excellent weekend, had real cool camping neighbors - met Uncle John from gdradio, real good guy - I didn't get burnt to bad but my brother did. He didn't take my sun block warnings untl the 2nd day when it was to late.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420, Bakes
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

Re: Just got back from The Vibes...

#43417 3 years, 3 months ago
Great report. Glad to hear you had a good time.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#43471 3 years, 3 months ago
Glad you had fun. Too bad we didn't run into each other. Maybe next time.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#43478 3 years, 3 months ago
Yea I was looking for your hat but the place was packed man...
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds