• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

Amy Winehouse

#43079 3 years, 3 months ago
This has nothing to do with Furthur, but is of interest to music fans in general. It looks like Amy Winehouse died of a drug overdose today. She was 27, same age at which Pigpen, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, and Jim Morrison died, all of alcohol and/or drug related causes. Please, everyone, if you have a problem get help. You are not alone. This makes me very sad. I wasn't a big fan of hers, but she had a lot of talent and it is a shame that she had to go down that road.

"Living off reds, vitamin C and cocaine, all a friend can say is ain't it a FUCKING shame"

A press release from the Metropolitan Police, which doesn't specifically name Winehouse, says:

"Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square NW1 shortly before 16.05hrs today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased.

On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene.

Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained."

Winehouse famously battled addiction to drugs and alcohol and was in and out of rehab several times throughout the years.

Last month, Winehouse canceled her European tour after a performance in Serbia where she seemed completely out of it.
Without love day to day insanity's king
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack Jones
Charlie Sheen
Junior Boarder

Re: Amy Winehouse

#43083 3 years, 3 months ago
it's a shame but she was on a path of self destruction or so it seemed....... "may the 4 winds blow her safely home."
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#43084 3 years, 3 months ago
RIP Amy Winehouse
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#43089 3 years, 3 months ago
who didnt see this coming ,ya cant hel;p someone who doesnt want to be helped maybe now shell find peace sad really fame fortune ,talent wasted due to drug abuse
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#43091 3 years, 3 months ago
A great talent. I was definitely a fan. Sad news.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#43138 3 years, 3 months ago
This is no surprise, RIP Amy. She had an amazing voice and this is a lost talent and so young.
starlite
Junior Boarder

#43187 3 years, 3 months ago
It does belog here:this thread.
Very Very sad sad and avoidable. With more love and support, and all I am, I know that to be a fact.
(((Peace and happines to you now, Amy))))
StaggerSage
Fresh Boarder

#43206 3 years, 3 months ago
When I heard how old Amy Winehouse was when she passed away I immediatly thought about Janis, Jimmy and Jim's bazaar correlation. PigPen too?!, that did escape my mind. Many of us I'm sure thought of this tragic connection.
Not a fan really of Winehouse but, I recognize that she was talented. Especially in Winehouse's talent, I always felt was really hamstung and diminished due to her toxic relationship to her addiction.

Love really is the answer, in the grace of love may you always reside Amy.
Nick
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by StaggerSage .
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#43209 3 years, 3 months ago
Great soul singer. Fare ye well Winehouse.
intothesun
Visitor

#43220 3 years, 3 months ago
She had a song about going to rehab and she said "NO NO NO" . Thats not a good influence on kids. Too bad her family and friends didnt step in. What I wouldnt give to be a successful musician and have a tour of my own. Whats really suprising is the amount of success and accomplishments jimi hendrix, janis, pigpen, and morrison, oh yeah...you forgot KURT Cobain.....all had before they died. What the hell were they feeding those children back in the day? Damn the milk must of been reaaly good. pass it on
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds