• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

Re: WTF is happening around Furthur?????

#43245 3 years ago
Doesn't this topic belong in a bullshit rumors thread?
pawtrack
Junior Boarder

#43277 3 years ago
every show i've been to has been cool, philthy had tents bethel did etc... vending and camping were always discouraged. i went to a show in atlanta 1990 and they had helicopters with spotlights on people bustin everybody, at cap center in 89 a line of cops on horses with billy clubs came through after somebody lit a jeep on fire beside us, you all have selective memories. one of the first things that shocked me about the scene 21 years ago at my first show was the amount of litter from supposed earthy people. nothing has changed much except social media tips off local police and citizens. i don't need tents or whatever but it is fun to see all the characters walkin around, thats a big part of shows for me, and always has been. but the pnc lot will be lame today its just that kind of place.
algol
Fresh Boarder

#43278 3 years ago
There were hordes of cops at the Mann, I didn't see much nitrous get stopped BUT I did see folks selling harmless hand-made t-shirts and food getting hassled, shut down and getting their goods confiscated. Folks selling food/clothes aren't making a mint, they are making it to the next show and providing services for family folks. Gangstas selling gas are screwing up the vibe and drawing negative attention to our thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: edheadwharfrat, Wind_Spirit, DeadHead420, doin_that_rag
dirty_wook
Junior Boarder

#43296 3 years ago
Personally if a few N2O dealers and bunk acid dealers get arrested I dont mind

Keep the scene clean!!!
justthegratefuldead
Fresh Boarder

#43307 3 years ago
Take a minute or two and check out this article that was in the Village Voice in June 2010: Inside the Nitrous Mafia, an East Coast Hippie-Crack Ring - bit.ly/djEyK1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ossumpei
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#43380 3 years ago
justthegratefuldead wrote:
Take a minute or two and check out this article that was in the Village Voice in June 2010: Inside the Nitrous Mafia, an East Coast Hippie-Crack Ring - bit.ly/djEyK1

Great read about the nitrous. It all makes a lot more sense to me now.

At the Further show in St Louis in 09, there was a fight at shakedown after the show. Nitrous dealers, they were shouting, "This is my lot, this is my lot". They were definitely out of place, but there they were.

What can you do about it? As long as people are buying it, there will be people selling it.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: justthegratefuldead
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#43391 3 years ago
no one does shit about those assholes- they are so rude- when the jerk that had my car surrounded he yelled out 1 for 10$ or 3 for 20!!! i was like you've been doing too many of your own shitty balloons! i said i used to get a big fat balloon for 5$ and it was medical grade- not that cheap ass welding crap you got! tried to tell a bunch of dumb people not to pay that price!! they have all their look outs watching for the cops.really pisses me off! but the cops are around to bust grannie for sellin waters and soda - give me a break!
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#43396 3 years ago
Oooooh, don't EVEN get me started on this %&#@*%@! topic. So, people selling innocuous items such as water, clothing, etc. are getting hassled when they should be targeting the nitrous? I've always been against it. And the litter! Sooo cool!
So effen stupid. Luckily I didn't see hardly any balloons at Shoreline, just 4 straight looking people furtively huffing in front of a parked car. They SHOULD be ashamed and trying to hide it. People were looking askance at them. Maybe the tide has turned, out here at least. I'll never understand people wasting good money on BS like that. Just what the scene needed: more garbage, less brain cells.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#43421 3 years ago
I never saw the attraction in nitrous myself. I tried it a couple of times, I can do without it.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#43460 3 years ago
It really sucks when people ruin a good thing. After SPAC when I saw people sitting around looking all strung out and stuff, people that obviously have no interest in the music asking if I want to buy coke - stuff like that, I started thinking how much I hope the scene dosn't get to out of hand
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds