• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Nupsdog
Junior Boarder

WTF is happening around Furthur?????

#43054 2 years, 8 months ago
First Mass shakedown was shook down and people were ticketed $2000 for trespassing after being allowed to set up and sell their goods. Am told George was out riding the lot while this was happening overseeing this action. Last night at Vibes the scene took direct hit with a taper who's been busting his ass for this scene for many MANY years. Today in Philly the lot was shut down hardcore. Cops (mostly undercovers) working all over the lot to shut down vending. Any exchange of money will land you in jail and ALL of your merchandise will be confiscated. Not a good scene. Many folks are left scratching their heads when this scene has generally been very vendor friendly.

Furthur what the fuck is this all about? Low ticket sales? Poor merch sales? There are ways to make everyone happy and satisfy everyone involved. This is not a good way to do business. Look at what we did in Binghamton for an example.

A sad day it seems. Would love to hear from the band their thoughts on this matter. Used to be a pretty cool art scene around this music. Don't kill that, but find ways to make it better. My .02....
ColoradoRain
Junior Boarder

Re: WTF is happening around Furthur?????

#43060 2 years, 8 months ago
I don't think the band controls this.

It is the venue and the police. The band simply rents out the venue.

That sounds terrible. If you ever come to any shows in CO, the cops are pretty cool here. You're allowed to smoke pot and drink, and they don't really try to bust people for harder stuff unless you're making an ass out of yourself. They're mostly about safety and maintaining the peace.

I went to the Radio City shows this Spring, and I was amazed to see people getting ARRESTED for smoking joints... WTF? That's some 1950's shit. Stay West of the rockies, and you should be good. (Except for Utah haha)
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#43063 2 years, 8 months ago
Damn. Where will I buy all my shrooms at now?
GOOD LOVE
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#43064 2 years, 8 months ago
Yeah, i think the w.coast is a lot more lax on vending.^^Definitely not gonna be smokin in utah. lol. Lived there for a year. NEVER AGAIN. hahahahaa
The following user(s) said Thank You: ColoradoRain
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#43065 2 years, 8 months ago
busting people today?at philly ? sucks headed that way.the band only caresabout liscened merch ,the rest is up to the local police or venue.i read the park was left a disaster last year thats what causes crackdowns.people dont want a traveling hoarde to desend on town and leave a mess .act civilized and clean up after yourself or expect more of the same.sorry to say.as for the streaming/taper know you understand why its password protected.people will ruin a good thing with "me me me " mentality
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muddy Das
Nupsdog
Junior Boarder

#43066 2 years, 8 months ago
On direct orders from the band.... Which is most likely not the band members themselves but rather from folks they have surrounded themselves with to handle such matters. Eh.....
Nupsdog
Junior Boarder

#43067 2 years, 8 months ago
brokenarrow wrote:
Damn. Where will I buy all my shrooms at now?

Lol....
ColoradoRain
Junior Boarder

#43068 2 years, 8 months ago
haha, word. Once I got followed by a cop all the way across Utah, from the CO to the AZ border. (plenty of ganja in my car of course). Going 2 under the speed limit the whole way. They really have nothing better to do there. As soon as I hit Arizona I floored it.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#43069 2 years, 8 months ago
Who's George?
Charlie Sheen
Junior Boarder

#43074 2 years, 8 months ago
sounds like a bad case of 'Heat Stroke' to me.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Charlie Sheen.
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds