• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
gratefulade
Junior Boarder

Mission in the Rain!!!

#42871 3 years, 3 months ago
Thank you for finally playing Misision!!!! Now, can you pretty please play it in Raleigh, Simpsonville or Alpharetta? Just the thought that it's a possibility gets me excited!!! See ya soon boys (and lady)!!!
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by gratefulade.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Mission in the Rain!!!

#42873 3 years, 3 months ago
So happy they broke this out! Here's a partial of it, better than nothing:
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#42874 3 years, 3 months ago
Listening to it was rather painful for me. Weir's "rendition" (that's being kind) was simply awful. Just awful. (Bakes shakes his head back and forth in disappointment)

rainstopsplay.jpg
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Bakes.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#42876 3 years, 3 months ago
Bakes wrote:
Listening to it was rather painful for me. Weir's "rendition" (that's being kind) was simply awful. Just awful. (Bakes shakes his head back and forth in disappointment)

You know, I'm on my third time through it right now, and I'm having to fight those same feelings, as absolutely thrilled as I am to having them playing it. Instrumentally it's right there, John and Jeff sound great. But kinda wish John K was singing it; hoping it'll grow on me...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba, nastero
Chester
More or less in line

#42884 3 years, 3 months ago
I feel the same way. Very glad they broke it out, but not one of Bob's best vocal efforts. This song should always be special.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kfender, SunshineSue
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#42888 3 years, 3 months ago
On a positive note, the band get cooking into the latter 2/3rds of the second set. Gotta save it for up for Vibes I suppose. For Mission, yah, gotta pee some time. LOL
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

#42890 3 years, 3 months ago
Gotta disagree about bobs vocal, u could make that statement for any jerry song bob sings, very different and unique vocal delivery. It was a bit rough around the edges but a break out is always a fun moment.
Kfly
Fresh Boarder

#42893 3 years, 3 months ago
otherone78 wrote:
It was a bit rough around the edges but a break out is always a fun moment.

I agree with this. I was there for the breakout. The crowd absolutely loved it. Everywhere around me were faces of shock and amazement and everybody was certainly enjoying it. I must say though, as amazing as the break out moment was, JK should handle Mission from now on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#42894 3 years, 3 months ago
Bakes wrote:

rainstopsplay.jpg

Yeah, was excited to see it in the list, but it definitely fell way flat
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#42895 3 years, 3 months ago
I think Bob is a great singer and sounds great singing any of the tunes. Sure, he does it differently than Jerry, or JK, but it sounds great, in my opinion. I might be in the minority here, but I thought I would speak up.
Without love day to day insanity's king
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds