• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

The Graphics

#42797 3 years ago
Am I the only one who feels like the graphics behind the band are really distracting? I am sorry if i'm offending anyone but I really really vibe off THE BAND and I can even hardly look at the stage because of the graphics. I vibe off of seeing the boys facial expressions and who is listening to who and what direction they are going. I so loved the tye dye backdrop because it didn't take away from the band. I went to bethel and had seats under the canopy and all the season pass holders (non heads) who were around me where all hoplessly plugging away on the iphones and droids and worried about weather or not the venue had ice coffee. Usually when the boys start playing, these types either shut up and get drawn in or split.....nope they just continued on typin on their little tech gadets. I come to enjoy the music and to unplug from all that.
I know your you're tryin to take it furthur, but the graphics are taking away from the music. The best way i can explain it is like trying to make love with home movies of your mom playing in the background. Very distracting.
I was wondering if for one show, call it a social experiment, put something more mellow on and i bet you'll get the more intimate vibe like in a smaller venue. If by some crazy chance, you actually humor me....so it in canadaigua ny, thats the next show i'll be at.
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

Re: The Graphics

#42836 3 years ago
I think the background for the band is sick. I think to really do it justice you have to be a little furthur back. I was in the 3rd row at Bethel and it was a little hard to see so close, but heck when your in front of the band and interacting with them who cares. I did feel the same thing with the cell phone people towards the front, not my cup of tea.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#42852 3 years ago
since I haven't got to see a show since last summer I can't get what you mean.
what are the graphics this year ?
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#42855 3 years ago
I love em. Dont need em, but any added stimuli IMO, done right, is a good thing. Was watchin the jones beach vids, n thought the backscreen was prettty chill. Never focused on the bands facial expressions or anything, simply cus i have horrible eyesight, n even from up close everything at a show is kinda blurry. It would be chill for a show jus to have the band n some dim lights up, a lil mor intimate .=-)
Last Edit: 3 years ago by DeadHead420.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#42896 3 years ago
the highway terror wrote:

They now have a crazy LED screen behind the band on this tour. pretty sweet!
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#42897 3 years ago
the highway terror wrote:

They are computer graphics and no doubt impressive especially with the huge scree

you can really see it well here.

[video]http://3effszau[/video]
Last Edit: 3 years ago by DancingBear. Reason: video boo boo
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#42898 3 years ago
tried to post vid but didnt work
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#43482 3 years ago
Loving the graphics ...... they didn't have the screen at Vibes which was still cool but that screen is so sweet. They have also been adding a spacey touch on a lot of the back up vocals. I think its great for summer tour but if they play places Like Best Buy again this winter, those smaller venues will be better without the screen - but of course use the screen at RCMH to its full potential!!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#43738 3 years ago
no way they are awesome so spacey and trippy and i dont indulge so i vote they stay
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#43763 3 years ago
I like 'em.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds