• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

Re: Rhythm Devils guest with Furthur

#43561 2 years, 11 months ago
Bobby said its not a question of if they will play together as the dead again. its just a matter of when : )

Gotta love bobby.... who else hires roadies to do nothing but stake out the finest ladies and brings them to bobbys side of the stage for him to take his pickins hahahah hell yeah bobby
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#43571 2 years, 11 months ago
This is from the Relix magaizine......

Weir also mentions that he can imagine another band coming back together. "I actually expect that The Dead will reconvene at some point, but that'll be a walk down memory lane," he says. "It will be for those folks who want that, but we can't live there."

So it sounds like they will still do a tour every once in a while but its not there intention to keep that going. I hope JK is part of the next incarnation of The Dead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ablebaker
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#43577 2 years, 11 months ago
intothesun wrote:
dirty_wook wrote:
No way FILL and BOOBY are splitting the big DOUGH with 2 DRUMMERS!

With FURTHUR they pay the band X per show while each pocketing 5X

The 2 drummers aint playing for X

So you think they are playing just for money? These guys are already rich. If Billy and Mickey played with them they could be selling out larger venues. The Mann holds 13,500 . If Micky and Bill were on tour they would have no problem selling out at the spectrum, which holds almost 20,000. Do the math....the X for each would actually be larger or just about the same. But that point would be imp. if they wee in it just for the money cause they were broke ass fools, which they arent. But my point is valid. They could be playing stadiums and ballparks and arenas instaed of ampitheaters. Well, some places I'm sure they would keep on the tour. XOXOXO

Personally, I don't believe they're playing just for money.

Nonetheless, money is a variable in the larger equation & larger venues also equate to larger overhead (i.e. more staff, higher rent, etc.) & there'd be a need for larger crew ... so it's not like the difference between the revenues generated at 13.5k vs. 20k venue are simply "available" to dole out. If "the dead" had a difficult time selling out shoreline in '09, I don't believe they'd even close to even considering stadiums ... maybe, just maybe the smallest stadium in their largest market might get to be be 2/3 filled.

Personally, I'd MUCH prefer to go back to seeing Ratdog & P&F in much smaller venues vs. stepping foot into a stadium ...
intothesun
Visitor

#43622 2 years, 11 months ago
Thats you...I'm looking for some stadium shows with Phils bass cranked the fucking hell as loud as poss. and mickey and bill on board. im listening to 5 7 77...terrapin is starting now...the rain is outside and the heat wave is all over like a lady with a fan...inspiration...have a nice day...ahhh the coool breeze........,...........gd radio
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#43652 2 years, 11 months ago
intothesun wrote:
Thats you...I'm looking for some stadium shows with Phils bass cranked the fucking hell as loud as poss. and mickey and bill on board.

Good luck on the Phil's volume being cranked, haven't seen a furthur show yet which even flirted with being over the top loud ... so I guess I have to admit that I am a bit of armchair QB re: sound
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#43655 2 years, 11 months ago
I mean yeah the smaller venues are badass but you gotta live the big stadiums. HELLLLLLO we sold out MSG people. Get with the program

If all we had was small venue shows than not as many people would be able to enjoy the experience you know. If you like those you should look into bobby solo shows and stuff like that.
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#43658 2 years, 11 months ago
I would love either of these two combos if the Dead started touring again.

Bobby Phil Mick Billy JK Chimenti.... I love the back up singers but i wanna hear just the boys if its the dead.

Bobby Phil Mick Billy and Borako from DSO. I only say this because i think he has a much more 80s style of dead sound and that boy can really sing brent songs really well and can play his style as well. I would love to see this and have been wanting to for a while.
ablebaker
Senior Boarder

#43723 2 years, 11 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
This is from the Relix magaizine......

Weir also mentions that he can imagine another band coming back together. "I actually expect that The Dead will reconvene at some point, but that'll be a walk down memory lane," he says. "It will be for those folks who want that, but we can't live there."

So it sounds like they will still do a tour every once in a while but its not there intention to keep that going. I hope JK is part of the next incarnation of The Dead.

Yah, John K with The Beast and The Beam and drums and Billy and Mickey! Yahooo!
Everytime that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground
shakedown71
Fresh Boarder

#43757 2 years, 11 months ago
intothesun wrote:
dirty_wook wrote:
No way FILL and BOOBY are splitting the big DOUGH with 2 DRUMMERS!

With FURTHUR they pay the band X per show while each pocketing 5X

The 2 drummers aint playing for X

So you think they are playing just for money? These guys are already rich. If Billy and Mickey played with them they could be selling out larger venues. The Mann holds 13,500 . If Micky and Bill were on tour they would have no problem selling out at the spectrum, which holds almost 20,000. Do the math....the X for each would actually be larger or just about the same. But that point would be imp. if they wee in it just for the money cause they were broke ass fools, which they arent. But my point is valid. They could be playing stadiums and ballparks and arenas instaed of ampitheaters. Well, some places I'm sure they would keep on the tour. XOXOXO

i don't think they will be playing the spectrum any time soon!!

"if i had my way, i would tear this old building down"
Time to create page: 0.74 seconds