• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
FatManSkank
Fresh Boarder

Raleigh Venue Change - - - ??? !!! ???

#42129 3 years, 2 months ago
so... how many people want to make scalpers dirty RICH at this summers Raleigh stop in NC....!!!!

I'm sure the band and management made the best possible decision, in lue of the situation....

BUT - couldn't we have found a similar size venue to move to???

FANS. PLEASE DON'T SUPPORT SCALPERS AS THEY WILL SURELY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS SITUATION

good luck finding a ticket. I hope everyone can get in for a fair price.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

Re: Raleigh Venue Change - - - ??? !!! ???

#42153 3 years, 2 months ago
[quot

e="FatManSkank" post=42129]so... how many people want to make scalpers dirty RICH at this summers Raleigh stop in NC....!!!!

I'm sure the band and management made the best possible decision, in lue of the situation....

BUT - couldn't we have found a similar size venue to move to???

FANS. PLEASE DON'T SUPPORT SCALPERS AS THEY WILL SURELY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS SITUATION

good luck finding a ticket. I hope everyone can get in for a fair price.[/quote]

Not to be rude but im glad the venue changed, this will be a better time for all and if you have tickets you will get a new ticket for this venue. Hopefully they get here on time. This is the 3 rd thread about this.
GOOD LOVE
FatManSkank
Fresh Boarder

#42172 3 years, 2 months ago
difference of opinion is def not a rude act... glad to discuss

I agree, the venue is much better than Time Warner - setting sound etc... I could be wrong about availibility, but the lawn on raleigh ampi is not nearly the size of TW ampi. this is the only nc show, more fans than raleigh ampi can hold. such, the demand changes and scalpers make unfair profits. the band/fans do not benefit in this situation.

ive got nothing but love for furthur and its management... im about 50 shows deep with this band... but gosh, i hope tix dont sky rocket.
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#42273 3 years, 2 months ago
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the venue was changed due to low ticket sales. Last time I checked half of the pavilion seats (@The Creek) were still unsold. The lawn at the new venue is very small, less than 2000. Total capacity is 5500. The new venue is in the middle of downtown, so may not be much of a Shakedown scene. On the other hand there is a plethora of bars and restaurants within walking distance.

WARNING!!!

Raleigh is infamous for predatory tow truck drivers!!! They use spotters to snag the unsuspecting. If some one tells you to ignore a no parking sign and park anyway, they most likely are a spotter. No Parking means no parking 24 hrs a day. Spring the $$$ for one of the parking decks.

"History's page will be neatly carved in stone: the future's here, we are it, we are on our own"
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stricken
Jazzbeaux
Fresh Boarder

#43398 3 years, 2 months ago
Dont know the reasons for the move, but they are selling tickets on Ticketbastard. And they will sell 8 per "family!" It would be stunning if FURTHUR hadnt sold more than 5500 seats for Walnut Creek!! Shoot, there gotta be at least a thousand on tour!

The band's creating more and more buzz, and the GD played NC a fair amount in the days. (Ahhh, Dook 1971!)

So, in some way, there will need to be a refund. Otherwise, to get decent seats, Im suppose to drive to Alltell and trade in my tickets to get comparables? Or wait till day of show and go to the Raleigh Amp and wait in line at noon?

I work full time in DC, and it's hard enough to get to shows. But these instructions for trade-in are like the first time I tried mailorder!

Anyway, assuming they only sold a third of tix to original venue, thats 7000. Right now, the are letting people WITHOUT tickets buy 8 for new venue. (which looks sweet by the way!)

I understand they are playing some small venues, but they are also close to packing 15,000+ night after night.

Regardless, Ill be in Raleigh; had Funn in FILLY!

-JB
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#43408 3 years, 2 months ago
I think alot of people will be surprised. I think this show will sell out or close to it. I think this show was going to be a day of show for alot of people. Looking on some site the mann only held 7200 people. Regardless im going to be there and Furthur will play just as hard for 1000 people as they would for 5500 people
GOOD LOVE
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#43466 3 years, 2 months ago
Just checked; there are still tickets available in all 3 price ranges (with fees included $32,$56, $67) so anyone who wants to go should be able to get tickets. Let's pack the place cause it's gonna be a killer show. They will be coming off a rest day so they will play with a lot of energy, and they might give us something special (maybe Coltrane's Ole; I can dream big can't I?) for all the hassle we are going through to see them.

Got notice from Frontgate that my replacement tickets were shipped Friday, UPS 2day air, should be here Tues
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
Jazzbeaux
Fresh Boarder

#43506 3 years, 2 months ago
Mann Center holds 14,000...and it felt PACKED! 5500 tickets will go (have gone?) quick! I still think there will need to be refunds, as the just the seated section of Time Warner holds 6400. NO DOUBT RALEIGH WILL BE SOLD OUT BEFORE THURS! So....make plans accordingly!

-JB
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds