• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

Folks,IT IS GOING TO DANGEROUSLY HOT

#42121 3 years, 3 months ago
FOR MANN AND PNC. Please make arrangements for all pets and humans for that matter..........bring plenty of water! LETS HAVE A GREAT TIME!
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

Re: Folks,IT IS GOING TO DANGEROUSLY HOT

#42154 3 years, 3 months ago
Be sure and drink at least one fresh lemonade as well as the water, fresh lemons replace electrolytes lost to sweating and even too much water, which can flush important salts out of the brain if consumed in excess. If it's over 98 I'd avoid alcohol completely as it is dehydrating, and can make you sleepy. Ice tea with lemon should keep you energized and happy. The lemon should be fresh or real, skip the powder mix and the gatorade, it just has regular salt in it, you want the special salts found in citrus. If you can't manage the lemonade, bring some lemon slices for your water, or even to lick occasionally. Lemons or limes are best, but I'll bet oranges or orange juice would do the trick too. To keep cool I use a spray bottle regularly out here where the heat is dry, I don't know if it will help back east where the humidity is high. Have fun, and watch out for heat-stroke in others. At outdoor events I have worked we are instructed to check under cars for people who have gotten heat-stroke and crawled under cars to get some shade, and then pass out. If you see someone under a car, check on their well being, you might save a life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, 6StringRider
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#42158 3 years, 3 months ago
Snapshot000001_2011-07-19.jpg

My cat agrees, it is HOT. This is a pic i jus took of her panting. Any ideas on how to cool down a cat? lol. Stayin at my buddys, n theres no airconditioning. Dumped some water on her earlier, hehehe
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#42161 3 years, 3 months ago
The panting will help her cool herself down. She also might like you wiping her back and pads with a cool towel. And if there's a room with a cool tile floor, like the bathroom, that she could hang in, that would help, too. Above everything, make sure she constantly has access to water. As long as she's drinking, she'll be OK! Good luck, it's hide-inside hot here too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
Cub
Senior Boarder

#42164 3 years, 3 months ago
Why Thank you Daisy Mae, I am a transplant survivor + 5 years and I am still on the fence about doing a THE Mann show because of all of the above cautions. I wish they had a side-stage area in the shade for the disabled. I'll still be happy for my friends who look forward to this show all year, since last years Shakedown was such a hoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#42165 3 years, 3 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
The panting will help her cool herself down. She also might like you wiping her back and pads with a cool towel. And if there's a room with a cool tile floor, like the bathroom, that she could hang in, that would help, too. Above everything, make sure she constantly has access to water. As long as she's drinking, she'll be OK! Good luck, it's hide-inside hot here too.

Thnx =-). Just popped a towel in the freezer. Also put some icecubes in her water, n she keeps playin in it now, flicking water all over, n pushin on her bowl to watch the icecubes shake around. I dont understand why some people dont like cats. I guess its that lonely crazy catlady stereotype.

Snapshot000000_2011-07-19.jpg

Tables all " what are these delightfully cooling objects in my water" heheh
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#42169 3 years, 3 months ago
Deadhead420, you are just a sweetheart!

DeadHead420 wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:

Thnx =-). Just popped a towel in the freezer. Also put some icecubes in her water, n she keeps playin in it now, flicking water all over, n pushin on her bowl to watch the icecubes shake around. I dont understand why some people dont like cats. I guess its that lonely crazy catlady stereotype.

Snapshot000000_2011-07-19.jpg

Tables all " what are these delightfully cooling objects in my water" heheh
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#42171 3 years, 3 months ago
My cats go nuts over the ice in the bowl thing. Good way to get her to drink, even if it's just from licking her paws. This is how lazy mine was one overly hot day last summer. The hummer was only about 2" away from her and she couldn't have cared less:

IMG_0978.JPG
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#42174 3 years, 3 months ago
try to stay cool boarders !
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#42187 3 years, 3 months ago
Latest forcast for Sat. in Philly: high of 98. At least the Mann is in the middle of a large park. Lots of grass, lots of trees, a substantial manmade lake. That should help a little.

Looks like a quality kitty, DeadHead420.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds