• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Meltiing- 21 yrs ago tonight-best show of 1990

#41983 2 years, 9 months ago
Grateful Dead
07/18/90 (Wed) Deer Creek Music Center - Noblesville, IN

Set 1: Help On The Way > Slipknot, Franklin's Tower, Minglewood Blues, Easy To Love You, Peggy-O, When I Paint My Masterpiece, Brown Eyed Women, Cassidy, Deal

Set 2: China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider, Looks Like Rain, Terrapin Station > Jam > Drums > Space > The Other One > Morning Dew, E: The Weight

Beautiful day in the cornfields of Deer Creek...Help>Slip>Frank seems "mundane" now but having just been revived the previous fall at Hampton - it was a barn burner to open. I did the whole tour skipping only Buffalo to rest up and boy was I glad I did. Easy to Love you was a real treat and EVERYTHIN played in set 1 was stellar. Set 2 LIFT OFF AGAIN...smokin China>Rider...one of my all time fave LLRains....massive Terrapin......the most "out there" Other One I ever heard and the coolest light show like nothin I have seen before or since...& A BIG FAT MORNIN DEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TO top it all off I am a huge band fan and it was my first time seeing the Weight..it had just been busted in the spring if memory serves me correcly--- and 15K or so of us in "communion" in a friggin cornfileld ..............swaying & singing to "You put your load right on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gone are the daze..............
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Re: Meltiing- 21 yrs ago tonight-best show of 1990

#41985 2 years, 9 months ago
In before someone brings up Branford at Nassau.... but my 2nd favorite is 9-20-90 MSG which was also dare I say epic. Branford show was smokin hot but I honestly think its a little overrated ( ducking for cover)
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#42053 2 years, 9 months ago
was at this one and the branford show...toss up, imho...branford show was jazzy and out there...7/18/90 was just electric...one of my favoraite 2nd sets ever...incredible china-rider, terrapin, evil laugh box during drums space had me losing my marbles and the other one-dew was as powerful as music gets
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#42074 2 years, 9 months ago
I actually like the night before better 7/19/90 and all of March 90 (copps, knick, nassau, cap center, etc) Still, great show regardless
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds