• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

PNC Bank Arts Center NJ Beer sales inside?????

#41974 3 years, 3 months ago
I have not been to PNC since the Dead 2005. At that time they sold beer inside. The venue had some problems with younger crowds at other shows since then.

I can not even find a web page for this venue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I get is scalper sights when I Google PNC Center. They have no official website apparently. WTF!?!?

Does anyone know if they sell beer at selected concerts at PNC? Could be a deal-breaker for me. . . . Maybe, anyway.

Thanks all.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

Re: PNC Bank Arts Center NJ Beer sales inside?????

#41978 3 years, 3 months ago
deadegad wrote:
I have not been to PNC since the Dead 2005. At that time they sold beer inside. The venue had some problems with younger crowds at other shows since then.

I can not even find a web page for this venue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I get is scalper sights when I Google PNC Center. They have no official website apparently. WTF!?!?

Does anyone know if they sell beer at selected concerts at PNC? Could be a deal-breaker for me. . . . Maybe, anyway.

Thanks all.

Don't know much about the venue itself, but I find it hard to figure out why they would ban all sales of alcohol. Too much money to be made.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#41988 3 years, 3 months ago
They sell beer inside. But warning you DO NOT want to be on the lawn for this one. You won't be able to see a thing..and the sound is sad... BUT if you are in the pavillion the sound is actually pretty damn good (ok captain obvious here but it is really distinct here... they took the bottom 1/2 of thhe lawn and put seats in years ago...so yo are actually in the top 1/2 of what used to be the lawn. Oh & keep your head low outside the venue... large police prescence with many undercovers. I've seen at least 4 'busts' outside the venue both before and after the above incident. Once inside its basically your normal free for all but the lots while "pretty" on the outside --- is a fox in sheeps clothing --there is danger at your door. Beware. Safe travels to all. Me.......... I'm just waitin on the MANN.
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony
comesatime
Junior Boarder

#42004 3 years, 3 months ago
Beer is wicked expensive and yes they do sell during Furthur shows. The lawn is not as bad as WITS says. There are some good sound spots up there. As for outside, just keep on the downlow and you're fine. People who blatantly attract attention to themselves are asking for trouble. I've been to a zillion shows there since the 80s and never had an issue. There is a state police barracks on the lower lot near where shakedown typically is, but the police are looking for people causing trouble..they aren't looking to cause it. Have fun. IT's gonna be a scorcher!
"........the band kept us so busy, we forgot about the time....."
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#42095 3 years, 3 months ago
Thanks for the info. I though maybe PNC had become a 'dry,' no beer, venue over the past few years, like Jones B, thanks to knuckle heads. Yeah The State Police are necessary, god bless them, due to ding-bats behaving badly.

I still find it odd that PNC does not seem to have an official web-site.
Scarlet B
Fresh Boarder

#42109 3 years, 3 months ago
Any idea how security is INSIDE (in the pavillion)? Went to the sun night show at RCMH in March and security was shining flashlights and hassling everyone around our section, unlike anything I have ever experienced.
comesatime
Junior Boarder

#42110 3 years, 3 months ago
Security is fine. If you smoke, conceal it. It becomes a madhouse down in the pavilion. They will check tickets and if you're out of control, you will be addressed accordingly. In all the years I've gone there, have never had an issue.
"........the band kept us so busy, we forgot about the time....."
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds