• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Mattchu
Fresh Boarder

Re: SPAC

#42046 3 years, 3 months ago
no worries, i may be able to swing a ride into binghampton by 3 or 330, or corning before that. So idk if that would help anywhere down the line? Thats kinda pushin it late.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#42047 3 years, 3 months ago
anybody know if they let you bring 1 or 2 sealed water bottles into SPAC?
bobbyshorts
Fresh Boarder

#42060 3 years, 3 months ago
I can confirm that the car searches at SPAC can be pretty hairy. They will stop and check coolers for beer and liquor. And to the person who asked about an unopened bottle in the trunk...Yeah, they will prolly take that too. Of course a lot of people will get by with beers and shit, because they are kinda stupid and wait too long before opening up the gate, so it's kind of a cluster fuck. Best bet, is to get to a far lot, or one across from SPAC (still used by SPAC though once main lot is about filled). They are a little more lenient over there too. I take a cooler, fill some ice, waters, and some cokes. Then, keep a cold sixer (or more depending on the vehicle) spread out in the car under the seats and what not. Let them check the cooler and they should move you right along. I dont recall having to get out to let them search last year. Oh, and YES, the reason they are so strict is cause the DMB frat kiddies get drunk and make a scene. Just last year (or maybe the year before) a 19 year old got hit wlaking across the main damn Route 9 in front of that hotel that the other dude was talking about.
But for those that DO get some beers in there, TAKE NOTE TO PUT YOUR SHIT IN CUPS!!! Once you are in, you'll see some dudes rocking bottles and cans, but they lot security will def leave you be if you got yourself a cup.
And finally, this is all from PAST EXPERIENCE. This year could be completely different. If the fucking Gestapo show up, then your own your own. Good luck, and a good show! Looks like it's gunna be a good day.
Oh, and PS, anybody want some Camel Lights (camel blues now), find me. I'll have em for cheaper than at the store.
Oh, and PPS, who's all going to the Vibes?? Cant WAIT!!!
bobbyshorts
Fresh Boarder

#42062 3 years, 3 months ago
Oh, and when I call the people stupid, I'm talking about the SPAC employees who decided to open the gates at 5PM. The people sneaking beers are smart. lol. well, kinda
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#42066 3 years, 3 months ago
I'll be at Vibes fri-sun, and yes I e-mailed them yesterday and told them what a bad idea it is to open the gates at 5......

do you think they will open them early if theres a ton of people that are getting there before 5? which I'm sure there will be....

I still plan on getting there around 4, I'd rather wait in line or whatever then arrive in a big cluster fuck - Have a great time everyone - this is my first time at SPAC
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by MushroomMan.
Swanker
Fresh Boarder

#42081 3 years, 3 months ago
I believe last year they only searched cars for DMB, or so I heard (was not there).

They did not search my car for Phish.

And no, they will not allow you to drink in the lots even if you're over 21. Ridiculous. Although if you keep it on the down low you'll probably be okay (i.e., drink out of a cup, don't draw attention to yourself with rowdy behavior).

But you CAN pay $12 for a beer inside, if you agree to stay inside their cage (I mean beer garden).

Bethel was so nice last Saturday, none of this B.S. They treated us like adults, and everything was smooth and good.
bobbyshorts
Fresh Boarder

#42088 3 years, 3 months ago
if they open up earlier than they said, then it would be no more than 15-20 minutes IMHO. My car didn't get searched at Phish either, but I was in a lot across the street from SPAC, where they were putting people once the main lot filled. I definitely saw cars getting searched across the way though. Also, there will be police ATVs, some Mounted AND walkers all through the lot. They are looking for N2o generally, but do your business as incog as possible (should go without saying). SPAC is an awesome venue once you get inside, but the lot scene brings the heat. They hate the bad press that the rowdy frat kids bring right before the horsetrack season opens. (which is this weekend). Beer garden inside is a joke though. No TVs to view any of the show, sound system kinda blows, and the beers are fucking steep.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#42262 3 years, 3 months ago
Just got back from SPAC and just settling in. Awesome show tonight. Better all around than bethel (in my opinion). Didn't get searched coming in like everyone was saying ( no booze in my car anyways). Looks like they scrapped their ridiculous beer jail (garden). You can tell the place was nowhere near being sold out by the lines for drinks and bathroom.
Anyways, awesome show. Really took off at Hell in a Bucket and didn't slow down. 2nd set was as epic as they come. Looking forward to great woods.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
silkynight
Fresh Boarder

#42346 3 years, 3 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
Just got back from SPAC and just settling in. Awesome show tonight. Better all around than bethel (in my opinion). Didn't get searched coming in like everyone was saying ( no booze in my car anyways). Looks like they scrapped their ridiculous beer jail (garden). You can tell the place was nowhere near being sold out by the lines for drinks and bathroom.
Anyways, awesome show. Really took off at Hell in a Bucket and didn't slow down. 2nd set was as epic as they come. Looking forward to great woods.

I agree, that Hell in a bucket was serious! 2nd set was smokin!! Huge shakedown in the lot across route 50 had to be 4 rows of vendors. Awesome time all around. Turf and spa hotel was rocking real late.

"All you need is a touch.....of mojo hand!"
mirabelasunshine
Junior Boarder

#42361 3 years, 3 months ago
Turf and spa hotel was rocking real late

Some ruffians & louts out there give the rest of us a bad name. Proprietor of the place was pretty unhappy this morning. Can't say I blame her. I sleep pretty deeply, but that music was awfully loud for 2 AM in a place where people pay to spend the night in some semblance of peace.

We have to step back & think again about the whole idea of not $hitting where we eat.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds