• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

What a day!

#41551 3 years ago
started off at the museum - lots of cool stuff there, then went to the monument and to the forum meet up after that. It is such a nice place there - everything about it from the location to the design of the whole place. The screen tonight was amazing though I hear its probably Bethel's screen - I was tripping so good on that thing in the 2nd set especially. I thought the sound was great tonight, Bobby's voice and guitar were plenty loud enough (unlike some spring tour shows - at least Best Buy IME). I couldn't believe how fast intermission went for me, bathrooms were packed so I grabbed some water and went back to my seats with it then I headed way up my the portelets there. I thought I had at least 20 minutes to wait after I get back to my seats but man did I start sprinting when I ever heard them tuning...... people were actually walking away from the music while I was running full speed trying not to miss anything, which I didn't miss any but I had to find my seat with everyone dancing and stuff.

Great show tonight, I loved the Eleven sandwhiched between help/slip/frank, other highlights for me (besides the entire show in general) was the Built To Last and ComesA Time was great, even if Sunshine flubbed a little bit. After getting the cd and hitting the forum meet up spot again we eventually left the lot to a shit load of traffic around 1am and got home about 4am. Now its 2.5 more hours down to Jones Beach for tomorow (and 2.5 hours back after the show).

At first when I looked up directions months ago I got completley different directions going up near Woodstock, NY and that is like an hour shorter and the ride looked nice so my mom decided to go. If she knew the real directions to begin with and the bridge we had to cross she would of never went so I guess it all worked out.... we had such a goood time tonight, now just me and my brother are doing through Vibes. My mom will be at Pittsfield with us (on her b-day) and me and my brother will finish it off in Westbury.....

can you believe I'm still wide awake? --- gotta get me a little sleep before I head out around 1 or 2 this afternoon....
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, brokenarrow, captaintony, DeadHead420
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: What a day!

#41552 3 years ago
and I forgot to mention the sweet 1974 music (Dick's Picks 12) we had for the way home to top off a spectacular day ---- just bought it and didn't listen, was saving it for the way home
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#41553 3 years ago
Sounds like you had a great time, I'm jealous! Get some sleep my man, sounds like it was a crazy, crazy night.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#41556 3 years ago
My Man. What could be better than a show with your brother and Mom.
GOOD LOVE
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#41558 3 years ago
the apple cake ya brought was delish thanks again for coming down show reallly was amazing that comes a time was worth the price of admission alone
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#41564 3 years ago
Glad to hear every1 had a sick time!! Dug the setlist, cant wait to hear it. Anybody take any pics?? =-)
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#41565 3 years ago
Glad you all had a good time! I bet the company and food at the preshow gathering were wonderful. It was at least lots of fun to listen to the stream "with" the folks here. Kept cutting in and out, almost too much so to dance to, but then the minute Comes a Time started, and all the way through St. Steven, it was practically perfect- just like Jerry would have wanted it to be!

Enjoy tonight just as much, those that are headed out to the Beach!
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#41566 3 years ago
Sounds like you had a great time, with another in store for today!!

Excellent place to tour also, would love to see the museum.

You all have a good time today.

Please be safe driving and look out for your neighbor.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#41573 3 years ago
So much fun last night... Agreed, that Comes a Time was incredibly soulful & beautiful... Music Never Stopped & The Golden Road were incredibly well played also. Danced like crazy with my 10 year old, Cole. Fantastic show all around. I did take lots of pics up front which I'll post tomorrow... Again, '83msg- so funny that you & Greg were @ Southampton together, 20+ years ago
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
Time to create page: 1.24 seconds