• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

leaving pets in cars while you go in a show....

#41542 3 years, 2 months ago
first of all i would never do this, I think its so wrong but I had to start this thread after seeing this poor dog in the car parked behind me after the show. it was HOT when we went in for the show and they just had the windows cracked a few inches with towels on the windows but I'm sure that poor dog was dieing in there. He looked so sad and probably thirsty after the show....

worst of all these people were like thew last ones back to their cars...... if they had a care at all for their pet they would of at least made it back to the car as quick as they could..... I was at the end of the cd line and then went back to the forum meet up for a little bit and then to my truck and it was over a half hour after I first seen that dog that anybody came for him. (we hung around my truck for a bit then went to the portelets and finally after that the car was gone that had the dog)

poor thing - how could do that shit to your pet?
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, Equinox, Daisy Mae, jbeach12078, Chris1126, DeadHead420
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

Re: leaving pets in cars while you go in a show....

#41548 3 years, 2 months ago
I agree man, that is wrong. I feel bad leaving my dog in the car if I have to run into a grocery store or something on a hot day. How hot was it?
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#41554 3 years, 2 months ago
well temperature wise probably in the 80s but it was right out in the sun and you know that car still heated up quick with the windows just cracked like that, even if they had blankets blocking most of the windows.

we were about to go give the dog some water threw the cracked window out of a water bottle, actually feel bad that we didn't now. would of got their car wet inside a little but they would of deserved it anyway.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#41559 3 years, 2 months ago
people who do that shit should be locked in the car so they see how it feels,never understood that shit bringing pets to a summer show
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
intothesun
Visitor

#41615 3 years, 2 months ago
You should of waited for them to get back and cursed them the fuck out! Mother fucking bastards listen to the grateful dead and preach peace and love but are nothing of the sort. IS SEEING A SHOW MORE IMPORTANT THAN AN ANIMAL NOT SUFFERING? MUSHROOM MAN.....NEXT TIME WRITE DOWN THIER LICENSE PLATES AND THEN TELL THEM YOUR GOING TO REPORT THEM TO THIER FACE IF THEY DONT PROMISE TO NEVER DO THAT AGAIN. I'M NOT MAD AT YOU, YOUR CONCERNED ENOUGH TO WRITE THE POST. If people bring thier dogs to a show they need to have someone whos not going in to watch them until they get out. If no one will....THEN YOU STAY WITH YOUR PET AND DONT GO THE FUCK IN. OR SIMPLY LEAVE THEM HOME. PIECES OF FUCKING SHIT. DANCIN AND SINGING GRATEFUL DEAD SONS AND LEAVING AN ANIMAL IN A CAR ....IT HAD OF BEEN 100 DEGREES IN THE CAR. I WOULD HAVE BUSTED OUT ALL THE WINDOWS THEN BEATEN THIER FUCKING ASSES. DID THEY HAVE PLATES FROM ARIZONA ? AND DID THE TOWELS IN THE WINDOW HAVE PRINTS ALL OVER THEM? I SAW A CAR WITH DOGS IN IT IN CAMDEN AT THE PHISH SHOW LIKE THAT?
intothesun
Visitor

#41617 3 years, 2 months ago
You are thier only voice !!! You gotta tell those people that they cant do that and they never even should think of doing that to an animal or a person for that matter. That is animal abuse. I dont care if they smell like nag champa and have the headiest organic outdoor bud or are doin the whole tour and know where the after party is and know all the lyrics to all dead songs.... TELL THOSE MOTHERFUCKING PIECES OF SHIT THEY CANT DO THAT AND ARENT GOING TO OR GO GET A FUCKING COP. GUESS WHAT COPS SUCK, BUT WHEN IT COMES TO SOMEONE BEATING UP HIS GIRLFRIEND, OR SOMEONE STEALING, OR ANIMAL ABUSE......YOU GET A MOTHER FUCKING COP THAT S WHAT THEY FUCK THEY ARE GOOD FOR. YOU ARE THIER ONLY VOICE. MUSHROOM MAN....YOU SAID YOU WANTED TO GIVE THE DOG WATER THROUGH THE CRACKS... THATS NICE but it doesnt stop that from happening again. Get up in thier face, yell at them and get a cop if you ha ve to. PLEASE. do it for the dogs being dragged around like worthless objects. If you cant treat a pet or a person with respect and only think about you having a good time in a show while the are locked in a car and nearly having HEAT STROKE....you shouldnt be in the show. It's not just uncomfortable and hot in a locked car...its hazardous and deadly....HEAT STROKE will happen next time....SPEAK THE FUCK UP AND MAKE SURE IT STOPS...FEELING BAD ISNT GOING TO STOP THE INNEXCUSABLE ACT THOSE PICES OF SHIT DID.

AGAIN....TELL ME WHAT COLOR AND MAKE THE CAR WAS PLEASE. CAUSE IM GONNA B LOOKIN FOR THEM IN THE LOT. IM ON YOUR SIDE MUSHROOM IM NOT MAD AT YOU. I JUST KNOW SOMETHING LIKE THAT NEEDS TO BE FIRMLY ADDRESSED AND ENDED. PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW WHATS RIGHT AND WRONG THERE IS A FINE LINE.

WHAT TYPE OF VEHICLE WAS IT AND THE COLOR..please.
intothesun
Visitor

#41619 3 years, 2 months ago
and the part where you said..." they were like the last ones back to the car. If they cared at all about the dog they would of been the first." YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. THIS IS WHAT CONCERNS ME THE MOST. THEY DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THAT DOG SUFFERING. Get me the make and color. And if you see em again....go off on em bro. If they dont get it....get a fucking cop for the sake of the dog!!!! I hope u understand the seriousness and importance of your action. Most likely they will be defensive and tell you to fuck off. That where you and me might be different. Cause I'm a fucking rainbow warrior. Any fake ass piece of shit comes to a show and acts like a head and thinks they are, but LEAVES THIER PET IN A CAR TO SUFFER IS GOING TO GET A REALITY CHECK FROM ME ON WHAT THE DEAD IS REALLY ABOUT. Word the fuck up all you fake ass pieces of shit
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#41624 3 years, 2 months ago
There you go Mush- opened up that big ol' can a worms now didn't ya? wow!
intothesun
Visitor

#41628 3 years, 2 months ago
irishqueenie wrote:
There you go Mush- opened up that big ol' can a worms now didn't ya? wow!

Big can of worms? Theres no debate or can of worms. It's wrong to leave a dog in a car. There's no ifs ans or buts about it.
It CANNOT be tolerated at Dead shows. IF ANYONE SEES A PET LOCKED IN A CAR GET THE AUTHORITIES FOR THE SAKE OF THE DOGS SURVIVAL!!!! There is a MAJOR heatwave coming to the east coast this week. THURS. FRI and SAt are going to be like 99 degrees aech day!!! ANY Animal locked in a car will definately die. Keep your pets in the shade and dont drab them around so you can sell your drugs or handmade crafts. I cannot stand seeing people making thier dogs sit right in the middle of shakedown street in the boiling sun so they can be near the crowd to sell stuff. YOU can stand out there, but have someone watch your dog in the shade -- why must they suffer, so you can make a buck?

This is the bottom line people...Animal abuse is not what the dead are about -- at all!! It cannot be tolerated AT aLL on lot.
If you see an animal locked in a car so some self centered people can go dance while the dog is suffering, you need to report it and get the animal out. If you don't, you are just as guilty as the people who carelessly put them in.
An animal in a car for a few hours on a crisp fall evening is ok. But in the middle of the summer....COMMOLN FUCKING sense. if you see it --- dont just stand there and say..."ahh, poor dog, they look so sad." GET THEm the fuck out of the car ASAP!
People don't know how to treat eachother all the time or be kind. But animal abuse will not and cannot be tolerated and allowed on lot. KEEP your eyes open and speak your mind and if neccessary get the authorities. It's not just"uncool"...its animal abuse and a TERRIBLE HORRIFIC thing . People can treat eachother like crap and be unkind, but not abusing an animal and not looking out for thier needs. Stay out of the show with your pet in the shade or get someone to watch em while you go in....OR YOU JUST DONT GO IN...! Speak up people and don't just walk by. Its going up to 99 degrees this week 3 days in a row....you know how fucking hot that is in a locked car? like 120!!! thats indefinate death for an animal. Its not a fucking joke. It makes me so mad that anyone who goes to see Phila and Bobby would ever do such a thing. They would NEVER do such a thing. Keep your eyes open for this people and dont take it lightly. If you saw a child locked in a car in 100 degrees of heat would you just walk by and say"ahh, they look so hot and i feel bad for them." Im hoping the answer is no. SAME FUCKING DIFFERENCE!! REport thast shit ASAP. every minute counts.!!!!
intothesun
Visitor

#41629 3 years, 2 months ago
Leaving a dog in a car in high heat is not LOve !!! its selfish and CRUEL !!! Another option is to leave the doggie back at the hotel with some kids who arent going in the show. Sometimes you gotta sacrifice for your kids. Same thing with pets. If you cant then find them a better home. But for everyone out there that can help....dont just stand there....do something and tell people whos dogs are forced to sit in the middle of shakedown to take thier dog in the shade. Cause thats cruel too and they can get heat stroke that way EASILY...all for a buck -- GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE. I f you cant treat your pet like family...find them someone who will. And if you see animal abuse and dont speak up and stop it...SHAME ON YOU. AND GO TO FUCKING HELL. FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DEW REPORT IT OR TELL THE OWNERS ITS WRONG DONT DO THAT....GOD BLESS YOU.
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds