• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

just got my first free issue of Rolling Stone...

#40861 3 years, 2 months ago
anyone who bought tickets for Bob Weir at Westbury should be getting a free subscription, just got my first issue today. There usually isn't to much worth while in there but when you get it for free its nice for the few gems you find. I have gotten this free subscription several times before, mostly from Jones Beach tickets I bought, you didn't need to check any boxes or anything like that, you issues should just start coming in the mail.

on page 40 they have a picture of Jerry from 1969 and a breif summary of the photo session and how it was the first time Jerry publicly displayed what was left of his middle finger.

Also the back of the magazine has a summer festival guide, and on page 4 (from the back of the magazine) they have a little paragragh on Furthur, since its not to long I'll just type what it say.......... " 'it's like any living thing' says Phil Lesh of his post-Dead project with Bob Weir 'it just grows'. One highlight of this summer's shows will be an overhauled version of 'The Mountain Song', a lost space-folk collaboration between Jerry Garcia and David Crosby. Says Lesh 'I called crosby and he said 'My God, I almost remember that!' "

would be cool if Crosby was a special guest during the tour...... Also when they mention an overhauled version I wonder if they just mean like Furthur has been playing or if its going to be streched out more or something like that.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: just got my first free issue of Rolling Stone...

#40877 3 years, 2 months ago
Darn, I bought my weir tickets but declined free rolling stones. Watch the fine print, I belive you subscribed and they will probably charge your creidit card after free period if you don't cancel in time. I always forget to cancel so I declined.

In NY they are only using 1/2 the theatre (Westbuiry) so I mail ordered and lboought a couple of backups on livenation.

Mail order by fax is nice, but ya never know.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#40907 3 years, 2 months ago
ill look into the fine print but all the other times I got it for free they never charged my card, they just sent me letters telling me that I owed them because its been longer then the subscription period and they kept sending them. I never paid them though and they just stoped sending the issues, never charged me and I always got a new free subscription anytime it was offered. Maybe they changed things though, never know.

I'm going to try mail order next time if I have enough money cause I'll have to buy some other ones just incase....
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#40908 3 years, 2 months ago
You can mail order by fax and pay with your credit card. In my experience you generally get better seats from GDTS (my front rows and close floor seats have only been mail order) but you risk not getting tickets. As long as the show is sold out though, these are generally ez tickets to sell.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#40975 3 years, 2 months ago
We've been getting RS for the past six months. No one knows why. Think it might be the Furthur Spring Tour tix we bought. Could be free. Could be costing hundreds. We just don't know.

I'm likeing it.....some good political exposes.....
ShineOn
Junior Boarder

#41069 3 years, 2 months ago
Same here, I have been getting it, but I definiately did not subscribe. I am not a big magazine reader, I prefer to get my news/information through the internet, but as far as magazines go they have some decent articles time and again.
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds