• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Cell Phone camera morons step inside

#40825 3 years ago
Ok another thread got me riled up on this again. If you are near the stage YOU DO NOT NEED TO TAKE 150 photos of the 1st 5 songs. It is so fuckin annoying. You'r e their to hear music not take cheap ass photos you will never look at more than once. One or 2 photos ok. I still rmember the doggy show in glen allen VA about 2 years ago. 99% of those in the front of the stage (in front of the seats) about the equivelant of 15 rows spent the first 5 or so tunes with their hands in the air tryin to get pictures ( I am not talkina bout 2 or 3 pro photogs with passes).... After about 3 tunes I couldn't take it I'ma tryin to get down and this guy next to me is waving his cell phone around snapping away and finally I had to tell him DUDE you don't need 300 pictures of Bob Weir. Maybe try dancing or somethin. (Imagine that dancing and listening to a show!!!)... he chilled finally but he was not alone he had a whole bunch of company. Leave the cell phones in the car you're busy dammit! Rant over
The following user(s) said Thank You: jbeach12078
ColoradoRain
Junior Boarder

Re: Cell Phone camera morons step inside

#40836 3 years ago
You should just not worry about it. Furthur is a very special experience for a lot of people, and its nice to have photos of the boys when you saw them.

You don't sound very accepting. I think 99% of the heads at Furthur shows are there to feel connected with each other and share the love of the band. You're clearly riled up about something.

If you want to get pissed at the people in front of you then go to any other concert.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bitzer87
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#40846 3 years ago
I had front row this year in Wallingford, dead center, and I didn't take a single picture (now I wish I took 1). I feel like I'm into the music to much to focus on taking any pictures, I don't want to miss and want to make the most out of everything. It didn't even cross my mind for a second to take out my phone and take a picture.

I'm not saying people shouldn't take them, that's just how I feel about them. The thing that gets me (which I'm still not saying people shouldn't do it) is people that are just typing away talking to people on their phones during the music. I don't care how good you can do 2 things at once, theres no way your enjoying the music as much as you should be when your having conversations on your phone, or worst of all, conversations during all the quiet parts. To each their own though I just always hope I'm near people that are into the music as much as me.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#40848 3 years ago
ColoradoRain wrote:
You should just not worry about it. Furthur is a very special experience for a lot of people, and its nice to have photos of the boys when you saw them.

You don't sound very accepting. I think 99% of the heads at Furthur shows are there to feel connected with each other and share the love of the band. You're clearly riled up about something.

If you want to get pissed at the people in front of you then go to any other concert.

Colorado Rain - I've been connected since spring 81 with a band named the Grateful Dead and their offshoots. Amazing those first 100 plus shows I went to before cell phones EXISTED were pretty good without em -shit I didn't know what I was missing!!! Its all about going home with the most photos you can take. Note I have no problem with a coup;le quick shots but these IDIOTS yes IDIOTS who wave their phones around the whole set & snapping away......distracting those who are actually there for the MUSIC and show.. that I have a problem with. Crap I just blew my cover... can you imagine being alive at shows without yer cellie...!! The horror to leave the show without 100 pics and be able to call your friends ands say wohhooo I'm at Furhter!!!! Signed A "keepin it real" elder..........carry on...
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#40850 3 years ago
I have to admit I'm guilty of this. It is friggen annoying and you're right, the pics/vids suck after the fact. I promise not to do it this weekend
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#40854 3 years ago
Slewfoot wrote:
I have to admit I'm guilty of this. It is friggen annoying and you're right, the pics/vids suck after the fact. I promise not to do it this weekend

YES even if my message only reaches one person I am successful!!! Wish I could be with ya this weekend. I may have missed that point and thanks for makin it ---the pics/vids do SUCK!!! All that effort, you're not gettin down to the show worried about "shots" and what for? Oh btw tell whomever sits directly behind you this weekend to thank WITS for not having to look through your never ending moving arm all night ---Rock on Slewfoot & enjoy the ride............. I'll be there in spirit waitin for the MANN..I'm just waitin for the man........
Last Edit: 3 years ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#40857 3 years ago
All the shows I've been to and never once brought a camera. Hmm. Maybe I'll pack one this time. You are right about idiots snapping away though. As far as the texting goes, a lot of those people are actually updating set lists online like the Philzone concert reviews and for those not at the show it is deeply appreciated. I don't even own a cell phone. I should get one in case I miss an important call I s'pose hahaha
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#40858 3 years ago
you strike me as a rather mean person, maybe you should let me people do what they want, isn't that part of the spirit of the grateful dead. aggression towards others is not the most flattering personality trait
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#40860 3 years ago
Agreed. What is even worse, are the bastards that ask you to quit dancing while they are trying to furthur annoy you to take pictures. Or even better, the Poindexters that try to have a conversation to somebody at home saying how rad the show is. Light up, or leave me alone!
Last Edit: 3 years ago by strangerinboulder.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#40865 3 years ago
i wish people would shut the fuck up while the band is playing !bands playing no conversations ! i dont care what drugs you took the drama involved in getting in ,there or what ever,during tuning ,set break, talk all ya want .you want to discuss shit go to the fucking lobby.believe it or not your lifes details arent important to anyone but you so keep em to yourself i wanted to punch this guy out during dear prudence told him to shut up or leave.
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: kfender, Walk in the Sunshine, strangerinboulder, SunshineSue
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds