• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

Couch Tour Summer 2011

#40802 3 years, 2 months ago
Like many of you, I am not able to tour full time and catch all of the Furthur shows. On this upcoming Summer Tour, for instance, I am only able to go to two. On the Spring Tour I also only attended two shows, but I really enjoyed catching live streams of many of the shows, "The Couch Tour". I was usually able to find a stream by going on Facebook to Deadheadland, Couch Tour, Wharf Rats, or The Phellowship and asking for someone to private message me a link with a password The tapers who provide these streams do not want the info publicly posted, so it has to be down on the downlow through private messages. I would then go to these contacts the next show, or they would contact me and between all of us someone would usually have a link. These links varied in quality and usually were audio only. Some of them sounded really good. There were also chat rooms where we could all discuss the show as it was going down. Not the same thing as being there, but a really fun substitute and you can't beat the price!! Does anyone out there want to form a network through Facebook where we could inform each other about streams available every night of the tour? If so, tell me how to friend you on FB and we'll hook up starting tomorrow night. Couch Tour rocks!!
Without love day to day insanity's king
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Couch Tour Summer 2011

#40812 3 years, 2 months ago
That sounds wonderful! A whole lot more fun that just watching the Twitter feed and griping about not being there. But I'm not a Facebook person. Any chance the info could be shared via the private messages here in the Forum?
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#40816 3 years, 2 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
That sounds wonderful! A whole lot more fun that just watching the Twitter feed and griping about not being there. But I'm not a Facebook person. Any chance the info could be shared via the private messages here in the Forum?

Sure, we could do both. I haven't used the PM function on the Forum yet, but I'll check it out today.
Without love day to day insanity's king
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#40818 3 years, 2 months ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:

Sure, we could do both. I haven't used the PM function on the Forum yet, but I'll check it out today.

It seems to work pretty well, let me know what you think. Though if I have to join Facebook to access these streams, that would be the one thing that would make it worth selling out my privacy (or what's left of it) to Mark Zuckerberg, and I'll finally break down and do it. But thanks to you and this thread, I'm sure looking forward to the next couple of weeks more than I had been!!
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#40822 3 years, 2 months ago
I'm on Facebook and I'm on regularly. Haven't used the PM function here yet. I'm only going to one show this tour. So I guess the couch tour is my only option for this tour or DL the show the next day.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#40824 3 years, 2 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
edheadwharfrat wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:

It seems to work pretty well, let me know what you think. Though if I have to join Facebook to access these streams, that would be the one thing that would make it worth selling out my privacy (or what's left of it) to Mark Zuckerberg, and I'll finally break down and do it. But thanks to you and this thread, I'm sure looking forward to the next couple of weeks more than I had been!!

LOL Sue I haven't been sucked into the dark evil forces of Facebook either. I think I was the last human on the planet to get a cell phone... the worst invention ever (though it does have its uses occasionally)... as far as couch tour count me in the fiancee is on FB.. we're only catching the Mann because we're flying out to do the Red Rocks shows and saving some $$. I'll have to see how the pm funcition works here. Looking forward to the next few weeks
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

#40832 3 years, 2 months ago
I'd be into this as well. I can only go to one show this tour due to the generosity of Smiley the Texan but I will be doing the Eugene through Red Rocks leg of Fall Tour.
All You Need
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by Irrenarzt.
Chester
More or less in line

#40837 3 years, 2 months ago
The "PM" function here is very simple. And you don't need to "friend" some one to use it. Just go to the Furthur Connection page,
click on "Inbox", and type in the user name of whoever you want to send a message to. On FB you have to be "friends" to send
a message. I like this system better. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by Chester.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#40840 3 years, 2 months ago
yea I don't like Facebook, though I do have an alias on there to talk to a few random people on rare occasions (mostly my buddy in the Air Force)....

I'm lucky enough to make 5 shows this tour but the couch tour sounds good after my shows are done. Some of the streams that were posted on here during spring were so bad I couldn't even listen - but I'm sure we all still appreciate the effort from everyone, its always worth a shot
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

#40841 3 years, 2 months ago
I really appreciate all the hard work on updates and archives for Furthur Shows.I am an "older" fan and stick to local shows,believe me I would love to be in the car heading North to Bethel!
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds