• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Pablo Picazoo
Fresh Boarder

JONES BEACH/WANTAGH!!!!

#40319 3 years, 3 months ago
Just got my tix for WANTAGH and I'm so excited! haven't been out to a Furthur show since Radio City, and me and my friend got thrown in jail all night long with some other fans in a hilarious/depressing twist of fate (for those of you who are interested, yes, all 11 of us spontaneously sang "Mama Tried" in the cell!) so really I haven't [i]seen[i] a show since the Orpheum run in March!

Anyways, I've never been to a show at Jones Beach but it looks BYOO-TEE-FUL and I was wondering if any of you have any info on the venue (traffic, security, box office, lot scene, and ... is swimming possible? haha). See y'all on Long Island, and then in Bridgeport for VIBES!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: JONES BEACH/WANTAGH!!!!

#40330 3 years, 3 months ago
there are numerous threads covering this
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
jbeach12078
Junior Boarder

#40340 3 years, 3 months ago
Pablo Picazoo wrote:
Just got my tix for WANTAGH and I'm so excited! haven't been out to a Furthur show since Radio City, and me and my friend got thrown in jail all night long with some other fans in a hilarious/depressing twist of fate (for those of you who are interested, yes, all 11 of us spontaneously sang "Mama Tried" in the cell!) so really I haven't [i]seen[i] a show since the Orpheum run in March!

Anyways, I've never been to a show at Jones Beach but it looks BYOO-TEE-FUL and I was wondering if any of you have any info on the venue (traffic, security, box office, lot scene, and ... is swimming possible? haha). See y'all on Long Island, and then in Bridgeport for VIBES!

i wish i would of gotten locked up with you guys, i love that tune...
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#40343 3 years, 3 months ago
Great avitar (Love the simpsons). Chief Wiggin is even cooler / funnier.

JB is in my backyard, Definately swilmming at the beach. Theatre is right next to beach, so you might even be able to hear music outside venue. If you have a boat, they dock by the theatre and enjoy lots of free concerts.

Security inside is kind of annoying, but people do their thing. This happens to be my most unfavorite venue as I like to shake my bones and it feels like a cement prison. Last year security chased me for meeting a friend in the upper decks, my seats were lower. Funny actually, but she almost had me ejected for walking around her after she told me to stay in my seat.

I don't recall too much about vending, but cops patrol the parking lots. If it;s a nice day, the regulars take up most of the beach, and there are so many people you might not even notice there is a deadshow going on.

I'm pretty sure there are some other Jones Beach threads around.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#40482 3 years, 3 months ago
get out line in the lot youlll be singing mama tried reprised
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#40516 3 years, 3 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
get out line in the lot youlll be singing mama tried reprised

LOL, for real. and Dire Wolf(hopefully not
Pablo Picazoo
Fresh Boarder

#40750 3 years, 3 months ago
hahaha after 3 months worth of legal fiasco after legal fiasco (did you know the NY police still use fax machines and windows '96? Even the f*cking deadheads are online now!!) you better believe I'll be on the straight & narrow this time around. Besides mabe trying to sneak a ciggy or 2... thanks for the info folks! can't wait to bring my swim trunks and lay my bones on down by the waterside. see you there, ladies & gents

and if anyone from the cell sees this posting, much love to ya and hope to cross paths again in the Empire State! (The Dude, Bobblehead Jerry guy, et. all, you know who you are!)
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds