• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

Bethel Woods Traffic?

#40267 3 years, 3 months ago
Just doing a little route planning for this weekend and was wondering if the traffic is bad getting to Bethel woods? It looks like its off some two lane roads, so with all the people going to the show anyone think it will be crazy?
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

Re: Bethel Woods Traffic?

#40273 3 years, 3 months ago
totally know what you mean- for two of us to get in early- $30 ( we are calling it VIP mandatory charge) we want to be in and parked before all the maddness begins- some good maps of sullivan county online- trying to be prepared for which ever route they send us.
hoping to tailgate without incident!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#40274 3 years, 3 months ago
im with you queenie we got the preferred parking to avoid the bs the real hassle is getting out long lines.queenie come by lot D for the get together
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
kfender
Gold Boarder

#40275 3 years, 3 months ago
Their website states that the lots open 2 hours before showtime!Check out the Bethel Woods facebook page and you will find lots of complaints from the Tim McGraw fans saying they missed a good portion of the show stuck in traffic!For the mere price of 25 bucks for VIP parking or 15 bucks for Museum tix you can get on the lot earlier.As irish stated it sounds like a mandatory charge to make sure you see all the music.Not happy about it but I think that may have to be the way we go to get on the lot at a good time
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#40277 3 years, 3 months ago
at phish they stopped every car and cchecked for tickets to the show and musuem be prepared
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#40288 3 years, 3 months ago
So what do you think is better then VIP or Museum tix? And how can one buy these?
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#40289 3 years, 3 months ago
well if you want to see the musuem.....you can buy them at the bethel website
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#40291 3 years, 3 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
well if you want to see the musuem.....you can buy them at the bethel website

Does it let you get in more then 2 hours earlier and is it the same lot as the VIP parking?
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#40292 3 years, 3 months ago
I was at the 3 Phish shows last month, and although traffic was at a crawl to get in, it wasn't too bad......showed up around 6 pm each night, got in and out no problem. The bulk of the crawl begins at about Hurd rd leading the Venue parking lot, but generally moves quickly.
And these were packed Phish shows. Last I checked this show is nowhere near sold out.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#40293 3 years, 3 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
I was at the 3 Phish shows last month, and although traffic was at a crawl to get in, it wasn't too bad......showed up around 6 pm each night, got in and out no problem. The bulk of the crawl begins at about Hurd rd leading the Venue parking lot, but generally moves quickly.
And these were packed Phish shows. Last I checked this show is nowhere near sold out.

Thanks for the info! I just tried to see if I can get that VIP ticket for parking and there are no more. I'll just leave plenty of extra time being a Saturday I have nothing to do that day.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds