• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

FURTHUR SBDS ARE BUSTED/NOT QUALITY

#40044 3 years ago
I have purchased over 25 sbds from Furthur at shows and from the online store. I would say that over 80% or higher would have errors.

1. The tracks are not labeled electronically.
2. Tracks are mislabeled with either the wrong label, no label, or spelling typos.
3. Tracks have skips or glitches in them, even when played for the first time ever. These are electronic/data problems on the cd and should not be happening on a 25 cd.
4. When ripping multiple cd's, tracks will reorganize and relabel themselves into new folders of mix matched dates. This is one of the most frustrating problems and only happens when I rip Furthur sbd cd's.
5. Cd packaging does not protect cd's. Thus my frustrating attempts to rip them onto my computer to burn.
6. Low quality of the cd's, use of the cheapest possible cd-r, sometimes mislabeled or incorrectly labeled.

This may seem like nitpicking but for a band that praised themselves on cutting edge sound quality and production, as well as high-fidelity recording techniques/methods this is all very disappointing. I have spent over 600$ on cd's from shows and can't help but feel a little bit ripped off.

Who are the proper authorities to contact in such a matter?!?!

Poo on Furthur for letting their kickass shows and sound be reduced to penny-candy quality product.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: FURTHUR SBDS ARE BUSTED/NOT QUALITY

#40048 3 years ago
i havent noticed any problems ,except an occasional sound error ,it is a live recording.,they never labeled the cds i got they hand out a card for you to write the set list down at the show.
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#40049 3 years ago
i cannot attest to everything on the list above but i have heard many copies of shows with glitches/skips/etc...they have always been willing to replace them
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#40058 3 years ago
Yeah its prolly because they record the show right there and have to immmediatly start buring hella cds once the show is over.

when you rush anything for to long. somethings bound to go wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, wlewis
jbeach12078
Junior Boarder

#40122 3 years ago
every show im at i get a cd, never had any problems.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#40155 3 years ago
I got 18 Furthur shows from the t-shirt stand after the show. I never had any problem but like someone else said, the songs were never labled and they never came up automatically for me when ripping them, I always have to type them.

out of 2 Dead and 4 Ratdog shows that I bought, I had a problem with Ratdog at 2009 Vibes, one of the cds didn't play. I contacted them and they sent me a new one right away, no questions asked.
ColoradoRain
Junior Boarder

#40157 3 years ago
In the SBD of the Owsley tribute at RCMH (Saturday night...terrific show) there is a fadeout/fade back in at the transition from Dark Star to Terrapin... it was a cool transition, but it is lost on the SBDS. Every time I listen to it I'm like shit! haha. Maybe they could splice in some taper material to cover the loss, like they used to do for the GD shows.

Give them credit though, 98% of the sound on those recordings is phenomenal. I think its just the nature of the beast with live recording: You only get one shot, and if something goes wrong, its gone and nothings gonna bring it back.
intothesun
Visitor

#40218 3 years ago
for real
PennsylvaniaPete
Junior Boarder

#40230 3 years ago
I prefer waiting the couple days to download them. By then they've worked out the glitches. Also, once I had to wait 45 minutes after a marathon Phil/GRAB band show in Camden to pick them up. As soon as I hit the lot, I got hassled by cops for not leaving yet. If you want to chill in the lot after a show, waiting for CDs pretty much rules that out.
The Deadheads gather at the rim of the volcano to dance and sing joyful songs in honor of their fallen hero.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#40483 3 years ago
but then ya cant listen on the way homw BTW you dont want to be in camden late at nite anyway
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 0.82 seconds