• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

Re: The story behind "wings" and where they came from.

#39803 3 years, 3 months ago
What kind of wings we talking about here? Lol. Ok im a perv.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharicee
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#39804 3 years, 3 months ago
personally i think the whole wing thing is something people do to feel important,i mean really wings whats that prove?i got my badges of honor a drawer full of ticket stubs and a head full of memories pin those to your hat
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: Confusions Prince, gratefulpanda, Sharicee
derek92
Junior Boarder

#39833 3 years, 3 months ago
i do not care for the wing thing i have off course have heard of them and dont really care about them i have several pins many i do not ever even wear i am not sure why that is the 1 i do says I Love Fake Jerry although i am not a fan of when people refer to john as "fake jerry" it just doesnt make sense, (but i like how it represents past and present together) and the work on it is actually very nice
but i hate wearing pins at shows because asshole older crowd kinda gives you a bad vibe like your there for the drugs myself being young and "Heady looking" (hence the reaason i do not get a wire wrap considering some of them are just peices of art)not the music but its the other way around damn stereotypes
Uncle John
Junior Boarder

#39842 3 years, 3 months ago
Wings arent to be bought, or put on yourself.
You earn wings by bringing your energy to the scene day in day out, letting your light shine, and proving time after time that you are FAMILY. Just by being a solid kid.

Wings are a big deal, and i didnt even understand that until i got pinned. Having a pair of wings on you does a lot for you. Regardless of the few sketch kids who either have spent to much time on tour or bought their wings and pinned themselves, when someone sees you have your wings, they know youv been around a minute and that your trustworthy, and most importantly, that you are family.
It took me years to get my wings and i didnt even realize i was being watched and that i was wanted.

Im a terrapin over the bolt... Mine were worn for years by the kid who pinned me before they where put on me.

Getting pinned is a BIG deal, and its a huge thing. If its done right, its planned in advance and its a huge surpise to the kid in question.

My pinning was a huge deal, and happened the night after 10k after everyone left and our kids got permission to stay on the land for a few days and clean up before we left for yellowstone and glacier during the off days between 10k and seattle. Camp was kicking, a few off our kids where in the kitchen getting dinner ready, some kids where getting the fire started, and me and dawn and few others where out on a groundscore mission. This was just after the sun went down, we where walking up to camp (camp goodness sponsered by cookies, that is!!!) when 7-8 of our kids are walking towards me with this distinct look on their face. Now, about my actual pinning... Catch me in the real world sometime, ill tell you over a bowl, but something like that is just to personal to discuss over the internet. Lets just say it was special. I will say this, after i got pinned, dawn gives me this huge kiss and is like "baby you deserved that."
After i got pinned we all had a huge celebration. It was a special time. We had a huge family dinner, and after dinner a sheet was put in a bottle of orange juice and everyone was ceremonially dropped by the Rev.
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Uncle John.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#39864 3 years, 3 months ago
sounds like a cult
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#39865 3 years, 3 months ago
The person that posted the story that Uncle John did in 2006 got flamed pretty bad for it.....It's on page 2 on the link below if anyone cares...

phantasytour.com//bisco/boards_thread.cg...D=1100781&page=1
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by splatter_face.
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#39871 3 years, 3 months ago
[quote="splatter_face" post=39865]The person that posted the story that Uncle John did in 2006 got flamed pretty bad for it.....It's on page 2 on the link below if anyone cares...

phantasytour.com//bisco/boards_thread.cg...D=1100781&page=1[/quote

I wont go to that website. I have literally never seen so much hatred on a forum in my life until I click on one of those links.

all i can think is "wow these people call themselves fucking heads?....they dont get it" and click off the screen.

if you get it you get it... if you dont you dont. Its not like the kids who wear wings are constanly talking about people who dont wear wings. But the kids who dont wear wings love to sit and talk shit as to why someone wears them... if you dont like it than look the other way. if you let it bother you than you seriously have a issue for letting a Pin upset you in any way shape or form.

I dont see the need to hate on someones beliefs. And I really dont understand the need to when most of the people who hate on them have no clue what they mean. Have you ever looked at it like a grateful dead song... in the since that it can mean anything you want it to mean and it prolly means a handfull of different things for all the people who have them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#39872 3 years, 3 months ago
Hey don't be mad at me brother, I was just pointing out that Uncle John's post and the one on that sight are indentical.....I don't care what anyone wears or does
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#39874 3 years, 3 months ago
splatter_face wrote:
Hey don't be mad at me brother, I was just pointing out that Uncle John's post and the one on that sight are indentical.....I don't care what anyone wears or does

wasnt mad at ayou at all. Just blows my mind how ruthless and asshole the Phantasy board can be. I mean someone just explained to them how special wings where to them and how it means alot... And everyone on that board doesnt do anything but talk shit on the dude and make fun of him and call him loser wook and what not and tell him to get a job and not take tour so fucking serious.... its just like comeone man how can you just be a complete asshole to someone after they are telling you something that means so much to them.

isnt that why PHil wanted to make the furthur board was to get away from the asshole communities.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#39875 3 years, 3 months ago
My wife is pinned..but I am not...My friend was pinned because he got off Probation..his girlfriend pinned herself..they mean different things to different people. I do believe that they are a token of gratitude/respect.. but on the flip side..they are just pins....
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds