• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
sfwharfratluke
Junior Boarder

what a long strange trip.............16 years!

#39697 3 years, 1 month ago
the last grateful dead concert!

07/09/95 (Sun) Soldier Field - Chicago, IL
Set 1: Touch of Grey, Little Red Rooster, Lazy River Road, When I Paint My Masterpiece (1), Childhood's End, Cumberland Blues, Promised Land

Set 2: Shakedown Street, Samson & Delilah, So Many Roads, Samba In The Rain, Corrina > Drums > Space > Unbroken Chain, Sugar Magnolia, E: Black Muddy River, Box Of Rain
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack Jones, mddichard07
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

Re: what a long strange trip.............16 years!

#39709 3 years, 1 month ago
hard to believe how long it's been !
It seems like yesterday, sitting on the grass under a blue sky that seemed a million miles deep.
Listening to Jerry and the boys , having the music pick you up and take you away !
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#39717 3 years, 1 month ago
didn't even think of that one yet, going to have to play this one today, just because....
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#39743 3 years, 1 month ago
A sad but important day to remember. I hate regrets, but still kick myself for thinking that the 2 Palace shows the week before would be "enough" for that summer and I didn't need to do Chicago as well. Just assumed there would always be another tour. Live and learn...

Thanks for every single show, Jerry!!
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#39748 3 years, 1 month ago
Man the time has past and the times have changed.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#39753 3 years, 1 month ago
I was camped at Mcormack place. It was my neighbors birthday, all he wanted was to get in.

I saw him during set break in the hall. After the usual rejoicing about getting in, he said, damn, if I could only get on the floor. I had a ticket for the 14th rown I bought on the lot, and I don't really love being so crowded.

So I give him my stub, and more rejoicing.

On the way in he says, "if they only play a Shakedown Street I will be deliriously happy.!!"

I wasn't there for the rejoicing this time.

Back at the camp he was extremely thankful to me. I just kind of shrugged it off. "This is a Dead concert, and these things happen here. Random chance and coincidence all fell your way, god bless"

It really was like that sometimes, that's one of the things I loved so much.

I haven't seen him or his buddy the Captain since. After all these years, I wish him a happy birthday and many happy returns.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#39757 3 years, 1 month ago
for anyone who wants to hear it.....

www.archive.org/details/gd95-07-09.sbd.7233.sbeok.shnf

its the saddest hearing Jerry clearly sing "I will walk alone along the Last muddy river" - I believe the 2nd time the line is sung.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#39761 3 years, 1 month ago
I remember these shows, what a time! I sold the shirt off my back to a guy who was loking for it for his son. It was one of the Lesh shirts that looked like the old (Miler) Lite logo bass great lesh phillin. I sold it for what I payed for it and the guy still wanted to give me more $ after refusing a bunch of times I gave in and let him buy me a beer ( fat sammy smith nut brown for $5). It took me 5 years to find that shirt again.
The voices tell me what to say
Jack Jones
Junior Boarder

#39762 3 years, 1 month ago
www.archive.org/details/gd1995-07-09.sbd.miller.114369.flac16 6/2/11 Charlie Miller remaster

So Many Roads to Ease My Soul!
... that one word is "why?"

Music alone may span that space between the finite and the infinite. Edgar Cayce Reading 3659-1
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#39828 3 years, 1 month ago
Feels like a lifetime ago.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Time to create page: 0.96 seconds