• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

This has been on my mind for a while now...

#39475 2 years, 9 months ago
ive always wondered this and so do alot of my friends at shows and just heads in general... here it is

do you guys think that Bobby and Phil still get spun and party at all like that?

ive heard really mixed views on this so im curious... let em rip boys
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

Re: This has been on my mind for a while now...

#39477 2 years, 9 months ago
Phil's on his second liver...so I'd say thats a big no.

Bob definitely drinks and maybe a little partying on the side occassionly (el paso as proof), but nothing to crazy would be my guess. Travelling and playing music at his age ain't easy and even harder with the tolls of partying on the body
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#39478 2 years, 9 months ago
Watched "Dreadheads" n there was an interview where he said he still occasionally talks to telinski. Said "he is a cheap date when it comes to that" or sumtin along those lines, gotta low tolerance. Not sure how long ago that was filmed, but im sure bob still smokes, n wouldnt be surprised to hear of an opening of a door once every once in a while.Iono, mayb mayb not.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by DeadHead420.
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#39479 2 years, 9 months ago
OtherOne wrote:
Phil's on his second liver...so I'd say thats a big no.

Bob definitely drinks and maybe a little partying on the side occassionly (el paso as proof), but nothing to crazy would be my guess. Travelling and playing music at his age ain't easy and even harder with the tolls of partying on the body

i know atleast ten kids i can think of off the bat who can sware that bobby does hella blow and they say they have seen him at lots of shows with white under his nose : ) haha

I also know some dudes who think bobby does meth lol ( i dont think so at all )

if you see this bobby.... let us know dog
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#39481 2 years, 9 months ago
I'm pretty sure that Phil is totally clean and sober, given his liver transplant and all. I have a few good friends that have smoked weed with Bobby within the last ten years, but I don't know if he's still smoking. I would guess he drinks and smokes weed but that he doesn't do it much, not like when he was younger. He did the rehab thing a few times in the 80's so he has a history of overindulgence, but I don't think he was ever into H like Jerry. Most of the older rock stars (except for maybe Keith Richards) I think have moderated their drug and alcohol use over the years. Either that or they died. It's not possible to maintain an insane lifestyle for very many years without the bottom falling out.
Without love day to day insanity's king
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#39488 2 years, 9 months ago
does anybody remember at the 3/11/11 Best Buy show......

when they were coming out onto the stage, Bob turned to Phil (so he was stepping back a little) and they both put there arms straight out and shook them, giving the motion like "whoooaa - feeling something right now"

but maybe it was an inside joke or something else but that is totally the impression that I got from it. They were also laughing and smiling n stuff.

.....This may have been cause I was tripping hardcore, but Bobby looked like he was feeling damn good on the Triday show - go to tristudios.com and check out his 'eye action' on The Other One and West LA Fade Away --- probably not tripping but just a natural kind of look, but I swear that the begining of intermission with the guy going room to room looking for him had to be meant for people who in a psychedelic state of mind.

and lastly if Phil did ever want to change his state of mind again, mushrooms would be his safest bet - pot to but not if he was smoking it, just a vaporizor or eating it. I'm not saying he does or should or anything.

actually one more thing --- waiting outside (forever) for the 3/10 Best Buy show some girl that supossedly knew someone who knew Bob says "Bobby has a pill problem, thats why he's so skinny" --- I was almost thinking about it at first but theres no way I believe that now. There is no way he would be putting all the time/energy and money into his new studio, Furthur and all his other projects that he's doing if he had any kind of drug problem.
intothesun
Visitor

#39493 2 years, 9 months ago
Dont think its cool to be speculating or even caring about thier drug use. Its thier business not ours. I'm sure that after all the years of free drugs and partying, that it at some point gets old. Atleast to do it ALL the time or often. Telenski should be on everyones menu.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#39515 2 years, 9 months ago
mushrooms man----hhaha what you really saw was hilarious...i was standing a step back off the rail in front of phils stacks where they came out and bob put his arms out like a zombie and phil started winding him up like a doll and bob zombie walked out on stage phil was laughing his ass off

there is sometimes a little something in the water backstage i'm sure
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#39546 2 years, 9 months ago
intothesun wrote:
Dont think its cool to be speculating or even caring about thier drug use. Its thier business not ours. I'm sure that after all the years of free drugs and partying, that it at some point gets old. Atleast to do it ALL the time or often. Telenski should be on everyones menu.

I feel you bro but still its a question that I would like to know. haha

and why does everyone call weed telenski? im lost on that one
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#39552 2 years, 9 months ago
I agree tho, its not our part to judge or anything. But you would wonder what some friends who you care a lot about have been gettin into. N i consider the members o Furthur to be muy muy close friends. Im sure they're not doin anythin that woud harm themselves. They are adults, n have lived quite the trippy life, so im not worried bout what they do in the least. Talk to telinski, melt your faces every once in a while. Fuck it. Your beautiful people ! =-) Hope you guys are around for many many years to come, spreading the love.=-)
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds