captaintony
Platinum Boarder

Article on rowdy fans nowadays

#39303 3 years, 1 month ago
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Article on rowdy fans nowadays

#39307 3 years, 1 month ago
i was first disgusted to see those band names in the same article title then i read about OAR saxophonist making the comment about how not being able to play jones beach is missing out on a big payday...fuck him...

"We're all supposed to be about higher consciousness, not drunken stupidity,.."-dennis mcnally--truthteller
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#39309 3 years, 1 month ago
I still can't help but blame the Deer Creek incident for being something of a last straw for Jerry, that last bit of stress that his body just couldn't take...
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#39311 3 years, 1 month ago
wlewis wrote:
i was first disgusted to see those band names in the same article title then i read about OAR saxophonist making the comment about how not being able to play jones beach is missing out on a big payday...fuck him...

"We're all supposed to be about higher consciousness, not drunken stupidity,.."-dennis mcnally--truthteller

I'd say I'm not going to see OAR anytime soon.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#39315 3 years, 1 month ago
Dear Dead Heads:

This is the way it looks to us from the stage:

Your justly-renowned tolerance and compassion have set you up to be used. At Deer Creek, we watched many of you cheer on and help a thousand fools kick down the fence and break into the show. We can't play music and watch plywood flying around endangering people. The security and police whom those people endangered represent us, work for us -- think of them as us. You can't expect mellow security if you're throwing things at them. The saboteurs who did this can only do it if all Dead Heads allow them to. Your reputation is at stake.

Don't you get it?

Over the past thirty years we've come up with the fewest possible rules to make the difficult act of bringing tons of people together work well -- and a few thousand so-called Dead Heads ignore those simple rules and screw it up for you, us and everybody. We've never before had to cancel a show because of you. Think about it.

If you don't have a ticket, don't come. This is real. This is first a music concert, not a free-for-all party. Secondly, don't vend. Vending attracts people without tickets. Many of the people without tickets have no responsibility or obligation to our scene. They don't give a s***. They act like idiots. They think it's just a party to get as trahed as possible at. We're all supposed to be about higher consciousness, not drunken stupidity.

It's up to you as Dead Heads to educate these people, and to pressure them into acting like Dead Heads instead of maniacs. They can only get away with this crap if you let them. The old slogan is true: If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Want to end the touring life of the Grateful Dead? Allow bottle-throwing gate crashers to keep on thinking they're cool anarchists instead of the creeps they are.

Want to continue it? Listen to the rules, and pressure others to do so. A few more scenes like Sunday night, and we'll quite simply be unable to play. The spirit of the Grateful Dead is at stake, and we'll do what we have to do to protect it. And when you hear somebody say "F*** you, we'll do what we want," remember something.

That applies to us, too.

Phil, Jerry, Bobby, Mickey, Billy and Vince "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delilajones
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#39319 3 years, 1 month ago
Just rereading that letter, can u imagine the atmosphere under which this letter was written, it's straight to the point, doesn't send double meanings. It must have been very silent in that room when it was finally done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jbeach12078
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#39324 3 years, 1 month ago
sad what it became in the end .an out of control beast,i personally think jerry was sick of it all and death was almost a welcome relief.i truly hope the newer fans understand its not a f#*king free for all where any thing goes ,its about the music.buy a f@#king ticket or dont show up ya want a miracle? or a hand out?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#39325 3 years, 1 month ago
captaintony wrote:
Just rereading that letter, can u imagine the atmosphere under which this letter was written, it's straight to the point, doesn't send double meanings. It must have been very silent in that room when it was finally done.

I'm don't ever remember reading it before. Gives me a bit of a knot in my stomach, like letting down a friend or parent, and I wasn't even there.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#39330 3 years, 1 month ago
SunshineSue wrote:
captaintony wrote:

I'm don't ever remember reading it before. Gives me a bit of a knot in my stomach, like letting down a friend or parent, and I wasn't even there.

I'd say it was more like letting a friend down.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#39335 3 years, 1 month ago
Not been to as many concerts as some, but still quite a few, but most ive been to have been preeettty subdued. I wanted to set this one dude on fire at a jethro tull show at the greek, cus his loud fat obnoxious drunk ass was yellin complainin bout every song, bitchin that thick as a brick hadnt been played the WHOLE show. Some people amaze me. Was at a ziggy marley show wit my brother n my mom a while back at delmar beer fest. Well, my brutha n madre were somewhere else in the audience, but some dude allegedly called my mom centurion old...whiiiich is true. lol. But on the other hand i did accidentally punch a dude in the face at the same show, n he didnt trip, jus moved away. lol . Was an ACCIDENT, lol. Went to hit a balloon, and missed drastically. hahaha. Sooooooooo the GD related shows ive been to have been nothing but mellow. No rowdy folk about. Jus kynd heads. Dont get me wrong, theres always a few bad apples in any scene, but for the most part deadheads are not a rowdy bunch, IMO. =-) lol can you imagine a deadhead moshpit, hahaha
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds