• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Master Cheese Makers.

#39343 2 years, 9 months ago
DeadHead420 wrote:
Well, im vegetarian so nooo pig flesh for me, and somehow i cant eat salad. Well regular salad. I eat potato salad, n egg salad, but i gag at the site of lettuce n leafy stuff. I wish i loved it but it jus doesnt happen.=-( And ill definitely knock it before i try bleucheeeeese, cus it jus looks/smells so damn gross lol. ECCHHHHH hehehe

You just need to try some of the really good stuff if you get a chance, like the Rogue River Blue from Oregon. They wrap each round of blue cheese in grape leaves, then soak it in pear brandy and let it age. Very yum! The stinkier the better, I say!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#39345 2 years, 9 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
DeadHead420 wrote:
Well, im vegetarian so nooo pig flesh for me, and somehow i cant eat salad. Well regular salad. I eat potato salad, n egg salad, but i gag at the site of lettuce n leafy stuff. I wish i loved it but it jus doesnt happen.=-( And ill definitely knock it before i try bleucheeeeese, cus it jus looks/smells so damn gross lol. ECCHHHHH hehehe

You just need to try some of the really good stuff if you get a chance, like the Rogue River Blue from Oregon. They wrap each round of blue cheese in grape leaves, then soak it in pear brandy and let it age. Very yum! The stinkier the better, I say!
now that sounds awesome im gonna look for that
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#39360 2 years, 9 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
DeadHead420 wrote:

What would be better to try first wit salad. Straight up bluecheese, or some bluecheeese dressing? N also, what would be your recommendation on how to make a salad if said person (me) is not used to leafy vegetables, n stuff like that.Really the thought of all that absurd mold turns me off, but im interested how it tastes, n tryin to acquire a taste for a tasty yet healthy salad. =-)
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#39361 2 years, 9 months ago
A good dressing should have pieces of cheese in it, so you can get both. You might want to start with gorgonzola, if you have a choice. It's one of the mildest blues and good in salad, and even on a lot of salad bars these days. Add some dried cherries or cranberries and some walnuts or pecans with it and you'll be in salad heaven!
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by SunshineSue.
Billy By The Sea
Junior Boarder

#39391 2 years, 9 months ago
speaking of cheese. Has anyone tried and Cheese Telinski?
I know that the cheese strains are becoming very popular. This is the Big Budda Cheese mixed with blueberry.
Blue Cheese Indica 80 / Sativa 20
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#39524 2 years, 9 months ago
Billy By The Sea wrote:
I know that the cheese strains are becoming very popular. This is the Big Budda Cheese mixed with blueberry.

i am all about it man....it is by far my favorite strain out there...nice solid buds very killer scent and excellent taste...the high is fantastic, i designated it for my encore one hitter bud for a tour once...when it is available don't hesitate
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Billy By The Sea
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#39525 2 years, 9 months ago
^^^including all cross bred strains as well, plays well with others
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by wlewis. Reason: spelling error
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#39562 2 years, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
that garlic and dill cheddar sounds killer

that fairy is the dude from sci correct?

yes, michael kang

Suppose I could give it a re-try, but don't like blue cheese or gorgonzola at all ... one of the few foods I dislike. I did manage to like almonds after not liking them all my life, so who knows.

Have been mostly taking a break from cheese for the past year ... due to food allergies, but did go to school in Madison, WI so have been very much used to being at the ground zero for cheese for a long time.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#39568 2 years, 9 months ago
Billy By The Sea wrote:

Furshur, man. Had many a cheese strain. Wish i had my list o strains wit me, but can only remember a couple memorable cheesy ones. Spent more than a month talkin exclusively to swiss cheese telinsky. Also had some blue. Would also usuallly talk to some lambs bread at the same time. Muy dank, jamaican conversations. My regular never-fail fav's woud probly be like green cracks, sour& lemon diesels, several tasty purples(mainly GDP). I remember some fuzz comin to my pad, n they had a new officer withem, n the cops all to me"tell him your not a stoner" while laughin n while pointing at my "Wall o' Weed" which was my wall dedicated entirely to herb, wit a list o lik 500 different med-strains ive had. Hed check out the telinski id been talkin to lately, n was super mellow bout it. I recall showin him some" purple monkey balls" which got them all laughin. heheh Even talked to telinski in front of em. Which i DO NOT recommend people to do, lol, known the cops for a couple years, in that area. Some fuzz'll stilll shackle your ass, n ive also heard some tearin friends dr.recs up. Another time a popo jacked a coupe pounds froma friend n didnt write a damn thing up. Im all maan, that shit would NOT of happened to me. Id be all, NAWWW gimme a ticket, asshole. Shit would not happen, id be gettin that stuff back in noo time at all. Knowin your rights is key. =-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Billy By The Sea
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#39622 2 years, 9 months ago
Speaking of cheese.......does anyone remember how we used to smoke hash back in the day? Clue: tools needed, needle, glass, empty pack of matches, lighter.
Time to create page: 5.36 seconds