• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Keith Richards - Life (the autobiography)

#39189 3 years, 3 months ago
Only about a 1/3 of the way through and this book is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I was (and still am) a die hard Stones fan before I got on the bus in 81. I t came out last year I believe, but it just came out in paperback. Great summer reading. Review from Time to Rolling Stone rate it spectacular and they are right. I'll share just one nugget: their "basic" setlist for their first UK tour with Little Richard, Bo Diddley, and The Everly brothers (spring 1963): Not Fade Away, Walking the Dog , Around & Around, & I'm a King Bee............ sound like familiar tunes to anyone ? (and yes I know they are all covers) .. go get this book you won't be dissapointed-- just wish I was reading on a beach somewhere with a margarita (they also covered got my mojo workin & I Just wanna make love to you)
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Keith Richards - Life (the autobiography)

#39193 3 years, 3 months ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
Only about a 1/3 of the way through and this book is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I was (and still am) a die hard Stones fan before I got on the bus in 81. I t came out last year I believe, but it just came out in paperback. Great summer reading. Review from Time to Rolling Stone rate it spectacular and they are right. I'll share just one nugget: their "basic" setlist for their first UK tour with Little Richard, Bo Diddley, and The Everly brothers (spring 1963): Not Fade Away, Walking the Dog , Around & Around, & I'm a King Bee............ sound like familiar tunes to anyone ? (and yes I know they are all covers) .. go get this book you won't be dissapointed-- just wish I was reading on a beach somewhere with a margarita (they also covered got my mojo workin & I Just wanna make love to you)

I finished it in March. Always liked "Keef" as a rhythm guitarist. Hope things are well, my lady.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#39648 3 years, 3 months ago
Took me six months to read this. Couldn't bear to finish it -- so much like what hanging out with Keith must be like. Funny, insightful, sharp. The Stones are my other great touring band. Saw them 30 times between '75 and '06. Not bad considering it takes them years to put a tour together.

As for the similarities between the early Stones and Dead, that's not surprising. In searching For The Sound, Phil talks about how Mick and the boys were a major influence early on.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#39664 3 years, 3 months ago
read a book in the 80's about the stones the guy who wrote used to cop shit for the band.i cant remember the name of the book
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#39829 3 years, 3 months ago
"Up and Down with the Rolling Stones" by Tony Sanchez (AKA Spanish Tony). Entertaining but many of the stories are highly questionable.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds