• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
intothesun
Visitor

Re: Phil Lesh....I'm working on a setlist for us

#39381 3 years, 3 months ago
Its by far one of my favs to play 4 sure. So it will sound good, I've played it many times. You wont be disapointed...lol. The song is fairly easy to play, but you need to know the right timing which is hard ,if you dont really know the song, which i do. I'll try and get it up by noon.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#39402 3 years, 3 months ago
intothesun wrote:
Its by far one of my favs to play 4 sure. So it will sound good, I've played it many times. You wont be disapointed...lol. The song is fairly easy to play, but you need to know the right timing which is hard ,if you dont really know the song, which i do. I'll try and get it up by noon.

Ya I've played it before the little part after Abraham & Issac is prob the trickiest. Can't wait to see!
intothesun
Visitor

#39409 3 years, 3 months ago
abraham and isaac is the best part. this is where another person besides bobby can come in on vocals. Brent made it so great here!! I find it hard for me cause the lead guitar is doing something on its own. I'm playing Bobby's rhythm part that is also played on the beat by phil , drums, and keys. Jerry was all over the chats on this song. so if i sound a tad off beat sometimes, i'm wanting to go into the lead. I'm going to work on this a tad more and try and record again doing more lead and less bass/rhythm.
Bear with my imperfection. I've never reaaly worked on this before just meassed with the chords in the verses. This song would be much easier to play if i was playing with a few other musicians, but im going to try the lead by myself later tonight. It's very jazzy, i love it!

GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#39473 3 years, 3 months ago
The Greatest Story Ever Told, EVER! Love it. Sick man!
intothesun
Visitor

#39881 3 years, 3 months ago
Here's my morning jam today.
Wind and Rain > Row Jimmy > Jack Straw > Beat it on Down the Line

Laid down my proposition, i laid it on the line...i won't slave for beggars pay....likewise golden jewel...but i would slaVE TO Learn the way to sink your ship of folls....ship of FOOOOOLLLSSS...on a cruEEEL sea.....ship of foooools, sail away from me

intothesun
Visitor

#39968 3 years, 3 months ago
Help me out greatest story or terrapin seduction...heres my next jam.
Rosemary > Viola Lee > ? any requests or ideas it really inspires me. Are you thinkin cassidy maybe? something else.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#39971 3 years, 3 months ago
Into high on a mountain
intothesun
Visitor

#39999 3 years, 3 months ago
i'm very impressed by the way i heard furthur jam this one. First, I wwas blown away by the simple fact they were playing such a selection. And the way they played the trad. bluegrass tune was soo awesome.

Phil is allowed space to frkin kill it and it sounds so good. I like jk's tease before playin, sittin here in Limbo...sweeet !!!
I think they should split the vocals and delay one pair of vocals at the part..."wind blowin free"....i miss the bluegrass sound, but its pretty damn well played. i loved hearin it in upper darby spring tour! i'll try it furthur tempo. nice call i need to try it out anyway---thankss...time to move on
intothesun
Visitor

#40001 3 years, 3 months ago

I love this jam...Slick ....wow she sounds so good with jerry and crosby.....the guitar and drums are frikin bad ass im gonna try workin through this tune...jerry always ran with a motley crew
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#40002 3 years, 3 months ago
check out the 11-16-10 high on a mountain as well, amazing!
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds