• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: Bitch got away with murder....

#38716 3 years, 3 months ago
piece of shit country? asre you out of your mind? feel free to get the hell out if you dont like it
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: bitzer87
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#38728 3 years, 3 months ago
They can't retry her. She may actually go free at sentencing on Thursday. My wife's been watching this closely and from what I could see, the prosecution never presented a "smoking gun", that is, nothing that tied her physically to the death. Apparently, there was also a lot of information that the public is aware of that was never introduced at the trial.

So this does suck. Consider this, though: What kind of life is this woman going to have? She's universally hated. The public sees her (most likely correctly) as a monster. How can she make a living? Will it even be safe for her to walk down the street?

She may be free but I wouldn't want to be in her shoes.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#38729 3 years, 3 months ago
^^ I was actually thinking about that and its so true, her life is done.

I guess she could probably move away somewhere and maybe legally change her name and lie about her past? ---- thats the only chance shes got but I think she'll most likely just live like hell...
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#38732 3 years, 3 months ago
As a mother of a child who is the same age as Caylee would be, I am disgusted and dumbfounded at the verdict. I wonder if she will be relocated for safety reasons. Seems jail would provide her with more safety than the outside. If I were her, I'd move to Finland.

For the record, the defense wants her released on Thursday with "time served". Sickening.
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#38733 3 years, 3 months ago
I think the jury wanted to go home and just settled to get out of there instead of making a whole ordeal about it
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#38735 3 years, 3 months ago
Mushroom Man! Your topic headline cracked me up! Thank you! I can't believe she gets away with that. I have seen zero news coverage today because im working but I need to hear some justification about how they can let her get away with murder. Wtf were they thinking?
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#38737 3 years, 3 months ago
If so, they're dumb AND selfish!!!!
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#38777 3 years, 3 months ago
intothesun wrote:
Theres no way the prosecution is going to stop - we all know she murdered her daughter. They will get her on something somehow...new evidence...something. Funny how this happens the day after Independence Day....what a piece of shit country we live in. What America stands for - and what she really is - are two totally different things. I really cannot believe the jury found her not guilty. People are in jail for smoking pot and unpaid fines and this bitch murders her daughter with tape on her mouth saying "Shut Up". wtf? really, are you kidding - i felt like throwing up when i heard the verdict. And I could feel our entire nation feeling the same way.

I'm sorry. "we all know she's guilt..." Not the 12 jury members.... Listen: I trust the jury system... the AMERICAN jury system. I trust that the prosecutor put on their best evidence and defense put on their best defense. I trust that the jury, our peers, tried their best to understand the issues, the evidence presented, and ruled accordingly. To think you, who was not there but only had the benefit of hot little phrases meted out by the media, and that is acceptable to you, knows better than those men and woman locked away from their family for over a month or more, and you can denounce this woman guilty from the comfort of your home, where it's safe and cozy, is, I believe, shameful. If you don't trust the jury system, the prosecutor, etc. then you have a duty to stand up and demand a better system. But that's not what you are doing.

I do not understand how people can conclude, based on fragments of information, guilt or not. I say we should be more concerned with our justice system, how the process works, and if it is transparent. Instead people get caught up in these little cases and act as if the woman everyone seems to have concluded is guilty gets her just desert based on your hunches. How you feel about her does not equate to her guilt. I am sorry but you have an understanding of the process of law that is completely backwards. It works like this: She is considered innocent. The prosecutor presents evidence that they believe proves her guilt. The defense defends the accused. 12 (or 9) jury members- our peers- listen to the evidence and they must be convinced BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT of guilt. If they are not convinced BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT then she is not found guilty. They were going to take away her liberties for ever. I trust the jury made this decisoin painfully, with a lot of soul searching and with a lot of conviction- that they were not convinced BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT she was guilty. And you sit there in the comfort of your home or place of employment, comfortably judging others? Shameful. Go do something about people suffering. Pretending to participate in someone's downfall does no good.... this whole media circus is a joke... that should make you sick. Not her guilt. Our peers handled that part.

Oh, and the connection between being in jail for smoking pot... if it went to trial they were before a jury of our peers, too. See how it works?
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#38778 3 years, 3 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
fuckin court is bullshit man - theres not enough "evidence" so there for common sense is out of the equation?

Everybody knows this chick killed her dauighter, what a BS verdict!

I don't know that. I guess "beyond a reasonable doubt" has no meaning for you....
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#38779 3 years, 3 months ago
wowsa... you certainly are willing to put someone to death, aren't you?

And if they come up with new evidence (stronger) they certainly can rearrest her. They can't try her on the same evidence... that's double jeopardy.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds