• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
mirabelasunshine
Junior Boarder

So ... describe the scene at shows these days!

#38586 3 years, 2 months ago
I'm headed to SPAC in a couple of weeks with my daughter (a fairly mature and with-it 8 year old who likes the music and likes going places and doing things with her dad -- climbs a lot of mountains with me, does serious backpacking trips, runs 5K's, etc.). We have a couple of decent center balcony seats.

I'm wondering what we're in for. I've been to shows that I'd no-way have taken her to (GD SPAC '88, just flippin' crazy) and shows that were about as tame as an evening of jazz at Yoshi's (Other Ones, Henry Kaiser '02; JGB at the Warfield, etc.) and everything in between.

And, yes, I've read the 'taking kids to furthur shows' thread and the 'parents who toke in front of their kids' threads.

I'm sober and alert. We'll bring ear protection. I don't mind if she sees some people toking and some dumbass kids huffing balloons and some disoriented folks tripping too hard, it'll just occasion some education. But I don't want to take her into some kind of snakepit. How rowdy are things lately?
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: So ... describe the scene at shows these days!

#38590 3 years, 2 months ago
you should have a great time and bethel is a beautiful spot
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#38604 3 years, 2 months ago
you can expect to have a GRATE time!!! furthur is actually a pretty family friendly atmosphere, meaning i see a lot of families and children...are there things you'd never want your kid to see in a million years? probably. spac lots will not open until late so y ou will have a little bit of time to cruise the parking lot for vendors, smiling faces, etc. state park will be open all day, very nice to walk around--i even heard someone playing garcia band tunes will be playing in the park beforehand...expect a lot of kind folks everywhere, and hopefully you do not encounter any disrespect...you should enjoy it up there, i've never been up on the balcony and i've been there countless amounts of times...won't be completely out of control since it is a tuesday night, but a guaranteed good time!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
PennsylvaniaPete
Junior Boarder

#38626 3 years, 2 months ago
Just imagine a Phish show....20 years from now.
The Deadheads gather at the rim of the volcano to dance and sing joyful songs in honor of their fallen hero.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#38668 3 years, 2 months ago
keep your eye on the kid and everything will be fine
the scene isn't what it was back in the Jerry days
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds