No matter who just 2 drummers thats all
Everytime that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Two Drummers

#37969 3 years, 2 months ago
I completely agree. I've been thoroughly impressed with Joe's drumming and he does an incredible job (so please don't say I'm dissing him or hating him), but I really miss having both that and some interesting percussion to go with it. I want The Beast and The Beam back!!
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#37974 3 years, 2 months ago
Hell yes Joes amazing. But when I heard slipnot and a let it grow with 2 drummers it sounded so good. It was from the first farifax show. Some songs need 2 drummers to take it that extra step.
GOOD LOVE
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by brokenarrow. Reason: spelling
Antone
Fresh Boarder

#37976 3 years, 2 months ago
This sounds like a job for JOHN MOLO!! Two drummers in one!
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#37980 3 years, 2 months ago
Im fine wit one drummer. One megaawesome drummer. I would on the other hand enjoy a 30 person kazoo and cowbell orchestra in the back. Yessss, THAT would be magical. =-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , bokb
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#37988 3 years, 2 months ago
two drummers is a cool set up
just having one is jazzy and gives more of the 71-74 sound the boys had when Billy was the lone drummer
adding Molo in with Russo would be interesting to say the least.
It would also be cool to have a percussionist like Jose "Chepito" Areas sit in and add some poly rhythms.
Not having Billy and Mickey in the Group is one of the things I miss the most, Mickey adding those exotic beats to Billys jazzy swing style ! Miss those "Sunshine" Beats a lot !
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#37994 3 years, 2 months ago
As a drummer of over 30 years myself, Russo is the first guy I've heard that is really convincing on Dead material. Molo is great, but almost too surgical. For one drummer to achieve the locomotion of Bill & Mickey is nearly impossible, but Russo is simply nailing it.
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by Slewfoot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb, DeadHead420
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#37996 3 years, 2 months ago
I'm fine with one, Russo is great. I wouldn't complain about 2 though if they wanted another - when Jay Lane was in the band it almost seemed like they wern't letting him add enough to the music....
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#37999 3 years, 2 months ago
Slewfoot wrote:
As a drummer of over 30 years myself, Russo is the first guy I've heard that is really convincing on Dead material. Molo is great, but almost too surgical. For one drummer to achieve the locomotion of Bill & Mickey is nearly impossible, but Russo is simply nailing it.

Russo is the best drummer in the galaxy. The octopus got game !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Slewfoot
intothesun
Visitor

#38068 3 years, 2 months ago
Quite frankly , two IS better than one. Or they also say....twos a crowd. And when any two people meet the presence of the lord may be present and praised through worship. But two is better than one - quite franKly
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds