#3903 3 years, 4 months ago
Please and Thank You.

R.I.P. GITMO
"In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is driven by the Grateful Dead"
carlspackler
Fresh Boarder

Re: Dear Phil & Jill....

#3911 3 years, 4 months ago
.Phil, this would be a great thing for you to do in honor of one of your biggest and most loyal fans....The Philzone has lost one if its own today, hope you can help send him off the way he would appreciate the most.
toreup
Fresh Boarder

#3920 3 years, 4 months ago
Hi Phil and Jill
Adam was a good one of course, all zoner are!
Please wear your Yankees caps....this from a Mets fan
cause I know what Adam was all about
Bingo was for him
MULETAPER
Fresh Boarder

#3923 3 years, 4 months ago
FARE THEE WELL MY BROTHER..... "OUR ONLY TRUE ONE"

AS A FRIEND I ASK THAT YOU PLEASE DO A MEMORIAL ENCORE IN HIS HONOR.

He was One of the Best this community has lost in quite sometime, excluding bear.

please keep him in your thoughts! and his son Josh and wife Ellen.

RIP, you will be missed buy HUNDREDS of us

you know are love will not fade away....
"FIND LOVE THRU MUSIC AND SHARE IT"~ MT
Docpaleo
Junior Boarder
Peace, love & light

#3925 3 years, 4 months ago
Adam Gittman, may your path be clear and your journey filled with light.

To you Adam...Rest in peace.

I SEE ANGLES

I see angles
Angles in the night
I close my eyes
And feel the breath
Of their wings first beat of flight

I see them in the night

Gossamer strands
Slip between my hands
So I grasp so tight
Not to lose the thought
Like the shifting seas of sand

They slip between my hands

Everyday
I go away
To land beyond
The poets silver tongue
Where my dreams were meant to stay

I go away

Emerald skies
My mind is hypnotized
By the dancing gleam
Of the clean machine
That runs the future that I find

When I’m hypnotized

Take me home
Home once again
As the hours pass
I am free at last
A stranger to the past

And love is born my friend

I see angles
Angles in the night
I close my eyes
And feel the breath
Of their wings first beat of flight

I see them in the night

peace

whitey-x

100421-hubble-hits-18_ss_full.jpg
zensea
Fresh Boarder

#3940 3 years, 4 months ago
I'm signing up to tell a brief story about Mr. Gitmo to show what kind of guy he was that I witnessed the beginning of.
At the 2007-11-06 Phil and Friends show at the Nokia in the second set, a Zoner had a little too much to dream and went way inside some very dark spaces during the jam from Cryptical Envelopment > The Other One > Death Don't Have No Mercy > The Other One.
He was down on the floor in the middle of the crowd while at the beginning and somewhere in The Other One with the "you know he had to die" the EMTs showed up and tried to bring him out of it with no luck.
They ended up carrying him out of the room right when Death Don't Have No Mercy started.
He was so far inside himself he didn't know any of this was going on.
Once out in the lobby, they were going to take him to the psych ward, but Gitmo happened to be passing by and rescued him and stayed with him long enough until he came back to us. Left the show with him to make sure he came out alright.
Otherwise who knows what might have happened.
I didn't know either one of these two guys at the time but read the whole thing on the PhilZone the next day and realized I'd seen the beginning of it because I was standing about 5 feet away when the EMTs showed up.
That's the kind of guy Gitmo was.
We need as many of them around the scene as possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nupsdog, FUBAR, deliadelion
deliadelion
Junior Boarder

#3948 3 years, 4 months ago
I was at that show too. Gitmo was a total fucking hero who left the venue without hesitation, helped our friend, and then modestly waved away 99 percent of people's thanks and praise.

But, as has been said over and over today by dozens of people, that's the kind of guy he was. This quality of immediate, open-hearted, vigilant loyalty cannot be overstated in him.

We all know, as you do Mr. and Mrs. Lesh, that there are many great people in the world and that a good number of them are Deadheads. It's not possible to honor each and every one from the stage at a show. But Adam Gittman truly embodied the best of what we say we want our community to be--and so often fall short of manifesting. If anybody who loves Grateful Dead music has ever deserved a shout-out from the band during a show, he does.
mermaid
Fresh Boarder

#3960 3 years, 4 months ago
Dear Jill and Phil,

This is a sad day for the many who loved Adam on the philzone and in 3D. I hope you can honor the request.

Peace,
Beth (Mermaid)
JLP
Fresh Boarder

#3962 3 years, 4 months ago
I just want to take a moment to also say Adam Fittman deserves a nod of some kind anywhere along there road Phil/Jill sees fit.

I adored Adam and already miss him so ~

As I knew him through the Philzone community, that is what I reference in the following FB *eulogy* in his honor written a short while ago:

*****************************************************************************************

RIP Adam Gitmo Gittman
by Jill Luvs Phil on Monday, March 21, 2011 at 10:02pm

All the greatest and most beautiful aspects of the PZ are hampered never by any petty troll or unnecessary drama, but by the LOSS of ONE OF OUR OWN ~ nothing is more heart wrenching in our community than this. And Adam Gittman was a shining star, A#1, Prime Example of How to Be. and like many of us he had his tarnished moments of misunderstanding/misguided humor whatnot, but at the end of the day, time and time again, from those who barely knew him to his dearest brethren , (& I am proud & privileged to have been anywhere on the spectrum) he was, indeed, a human person who would give you the shirt off his back, and that was just for starters.

In fact, after Mule~O~Ween 08 (where he miracled my sister) he gave me his jacket and, despite my attempts to return it; he never accepted it back. I was kinda glad cos it smelled so nice (:

He will be missed by our entire community which is only a small percentage of those who loved him and whose lives he has touched and impacted.

I love you, Adam ~ RIP
evergreen
Fresh Boarder

#3963 3 years, 4 months ago
Another glass raised to his memory.

Strange how real a virtual community can be.

RIP Adam
citidiver
Fresh Boarder

#3964 3 years, 4 months ago
I have known Adam Gittman for 40 years. He was (past tense hurts to my core) a giant of a person with a real heart of gold. We went to hundreds of concerts together through the years. Many bands but none did he like more than the Grateful Dead. When that wasn't an option he went to the next best thing. It would be a fitting tribute to Adam if Furthur were to dedicate a song in memory of his passing. He would really get a kick out of that being done for him. I know as you look at this Phil and Jill you only see 7 posts and I am doing my best to make that change but if you look at the Philzone postings you will see well over 300 responses and not a poor word amongst them. He stood up for me at my wedding, was at the hospital when my daughter Mia was born and always gave me shit about the Mets (he was a huge Yankee fan). If you guys could find it in your hearts to dedicate a song to a man who meant so much to so many we would all be Grateful (I had to have one pun). Some will tell you to dedicate "Looks Like Rain" but his favorite song was "Cosmic Charlie". I know, I've known almost my whole life. R.I.P. my friend you will be missed. I hope they send you off "Truckin' in style along the avenue". PS: There are now almost 30 posts.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#3976 3 years, 4 months ago
bump for Gitmo
RIP
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds