• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
coyotte
Junior Boarder

Dear Phil & Jill....

#3791 3 years, 1 month ago
I know its a lot to ask, But could you please Dedicate the Show in Binghamton NY tomorrow night to our good friend Adam Gittman, who Passed away today, He was one of your biggest fans. Thanks Coyotte
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

Re: Dear Phil & Jill....

#3792 3 years, 1 month ago
Whose Adam Gittman?
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#3794 3 years, 1 month ago
coyotte wrote:
I know its a lot to ask, But could you please Dedicate the Show in Binghamton NY tomorrow night to our good friend Adam Gittman, who Passed away today, He was one of your biggest fans. Thanks Coyotte

Coyotte this is a tough loss, and I agree that the Binghamton show (a week from Tues) be dedicated to AG
WayfaringDreamer
Junior Boarder

#3797 3 years, 1 month ago
I second that emotion!

Adam was a Deadicated fan and good Soul.

His passing is a great loss to our community.
sueshi9
Fresh Boarder

#3807 3 years, 1 month ago
It would be a lovely gesture. RIP Gitmo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rabbit®
racecar
Fresh Boarder

#3808 3 years, 1 month ago
Who was Adam?

Allow me to tell you a little bit about Adam. I have known him my entire life. I grew up with him in NYC and probably went to over 100 Grateful Dead concerts with him over the years. The last show I was at with him was the Dead at MSG and we went out to eat after the show. Just he and I.

Adam grew up in a tough neighborhood. He was a tough kid growing up, but he stood up for the weaker kids in his circle, always willing to come to their aid and defend them against bullies. He defended me once when I was about 13. He didn't have to, but he did and that was the type of guy Adam was. I am now 48, I still remember this quality in him.

He was a loyal friend to many of his closest friends while growing up and was there for them in their adult years as well.

He was a very enthusiastic deadhead who traveled the east coast for many years, searching for the sound. I can remember certain shows standing next to him and watching his reactions when some of his favorites would find their way into the set list.

I would consider Adam a very serious , lifelong deadhead who juggled family life, his professional career and his career of seeing the Dead as many times as possible since the early 80's. I remember sleeping on line for 2 1/2 days when the original Radio City Shows went on sale. We spent that time sitting on the sidewalk, listening to classic shows and getting to know the other deadheads that were around us for 2 1/2 days while we waited for tickets to see some of the best Dead shows we ever went to. I remember seeing my first Cold Rain and Snow sitting next to him at the Philly Spectrum, he knew I loved that song and when the Dead broke it out, he just looked at me and smiled knowing just how happy I was at the moment.

He was a good man and he was a good father. His 9 year old son found him this morning. Dead in his home. How terrible that must have been for his son.

I considered Adam a lifelong friend over the years. His many Deadhead friends in NYC would be eternally grateful, if Furthur was kind enough to consider dedicating a song in his memory. I know it must be a lot to ask. But it would be the most fitting tribute to a really nice guy.

I am in Florida now and will be at Mizner in Boca Raton. My friends down here and I will honor him at our pre-concert party. I hope to hear from my NY friends that Furthur saw it in their hearts to offer an appropriate tribute to someone who spent most of his entire life , enjoying the music we all have come to love and cherish.

May you be at peace Adam and may the four winds blow you safely home..........

Your friend,

Alan
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by racecar.
bweired
Fresh Boarder

#3826 3 years, 1 month ago
i would also like to throw my support for this, I only had the pleasure of meeting Adam or as he was known to many of us as GITMO a few times.

He did embody what this seen should be about Happy, caring people who will look out for each other. I had the pleasure of being at the Boston show that was dedicated to Frizty and it was a very moving experience that made me proud to call myself a deadhead. Please Phil if you see this consider a show dedication to our friend Adam. and send him out as he should go, with many friends cheering.

LOOKS LIKE RAIN was a special song to him if you are interested in a dedication.

{{{{rest in peace ADAM}}}}}}}}
LONG LIVE THE PHILZONE.... OH AND I STILL LOVE CHEESE!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerri1031, floepiejane
judit
Junior Boarder

#3841 3 years, 1 month ago
Great idea, Coyotte. I know that you, Jug, MT, Rich and the others (sorry to the folks I didn't mention) are going to miss Gitmo big time. What a sad loss.

That funny, sweet, big-hearted guy, generous and loving, well.... he was all of that. Love to you, and his son. So sorry for the loss.
FUCK CANCER!

Peace & Love
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by judit. Reason: Forgot Rich!
The following user(s) said Thank You: floepiejane
citidiver
Fresh Boarder

#3844 3 years, 1 month ago
I have known Adam Gittman for 40 years. He was (past tense hurts to my core) a giant of a person with a real heart of gold. We went to hundreds of concerts together through the years. Many bands but none did he like more than the Grateful Dead. When that wasn't an option he went to the next best thing. It would be a fitting tribute to Adam if Furthur were to dedicate a song in memory of his passing. He would really get a kick out of that being done for him. I know as you look at the Phil and Jill you only see 7 posts and I am doing my best to make that change but if you look at the Philzone postings you will see well over 300 responses and not a poor word amongst them. He stood up for me at my wedding, was at the hospital when my daughter Mia was born and always gave me shit about the Mets (he was a huge Yankee fan). If you guys could find it in your hearts to dedicate a song to a man who meant so much to so many we would all be Grateful (I had to have one pun). Some will tell you to dedicate "Looks Like Rain" but his favorite song was "Cosmic Charlie". I know, I've known almost my whole life. R.I.P. my friend you will be missed. I hope they send you off "Truckin' in style along the avenue".
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, floepiejane, koachpeter
jazfish
Junior Boarder

#3845 3 years, 1 month ago
{{{Adam's Family and Friends}}}

RIP Adam Gittman
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds