• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

Re: The Pranksters Film is Finally Here!

#97413 2 years, 9 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:

They also showed a particular tripping session with IT 290. They raved how it was a much cleaner high than LSD, none of the speed. I never heard of IT 290 before.

Zane was a producer of the film. Nice job Zane and co, and thank you, for a real good time.

IT-290 is same as AMT:

www.erowid.org/chemicals/amt/
Takin' it in stride!
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#97416 2 years, 9 months ago
Got this DVD from Netflix last week and watched it over the weekend.

Considering the butchering that was done with all of the original footage with past attempts to edit the film, it's amazing that they were even able to find enough pieces to put the film together.

One of the best decisions I think the editors did was to use latter day descriptions given by the riders on the bus, but instead of "interviewing" them, they used the audio to narrate what we were seeing. Definitely put you more in the scene instead of viewing it as a documentary with cut-aways to interviews.

I enjoyed it.

It really was just a case of right time, right place, right idea, right people, for all of this to have happened.

For the Love of it!!!!
Takin' it in stride!
ablebaker
Senior Boarder

#98484 2 years, 9 months ago
I have a VHS tape I ordered from Intrepidtrips.com The box is hand painted and hand signed by Kesey and Babbs.
I ordered it in May of 2000. Such a great keepsake! The packing material is a transcribed email conversation between Ken Kesey and Paul Krassner. Hi-larious.
Everytime that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds