• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: music download sites

#37561 3 years, 2 months ago
lostsailor wrote:
bittorrent sites mentioned above are, I think, the best for donwloading. They are legal and you just have to be sure to keep your ratio to 1:1 or better. etree has the best dead related, traders den, Dime and shn (losslesslegs I think?) are great. Never had any problem with them. You just need to be sure you port is correctly set so the people on the other end can "see" your computer, otherwise you can downlaod but you can't upload to others....
thats what always worried me about those kind of file sharing sites,i always worried that others could access my computer ,is that true?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Chester
More or less in line

#37565 3 years, 2 months ago
Because of the way the program is set up, people downloading the file from your computer, will only see the file. Nothing else.
They can tell if you have the file, and if you are seeding. That's it. You can control when you seed, and how much you seed.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
kfender
Gold Boarder

#37568 3 years, 2 months ago
lossless legs and workingman's tracker don't sweat your ratio at all anymore.I have never had any problems with Demonoid myself either.Trader's den is one of my favorites.Lots of great and different stuff there.Really my go to spot for awesome videos
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#38519 3 years, 2 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
lostsailor wrote:
bittorrent sites mentioned above are, I think, the best for donwloading. They are legal and you just have to be sure to keep your ratio to 1:1 or better. etree has the best dead related, traders den, Dime and shn (losslesslegs I think?) are great. Never had any problem with them. You just need to be sure you port is correctly set so the people on the other end can "see" your computer, otherwise you can downlaod but you can't upload to others....
thats what always worried me about those kind of file sharing sites,i always worried that others could access my computer ,is that true?

as chester confirms below- I've been doing it for 6 years now... never a problem. the big hassle is getting your ports right, your firewall to let in and out traffic, etc. If you open up too big it is a security issue and not enough you can only download, you can't upload.... but if you have decent internet speed give it a try. I use utorrent, which is freeware. Very simple and it helps set up your security much better than Azureus (another one that works well).
Chester
More or less in line

#38526 3 years, 2 months ago
I use UTorrent as well. Very good program. I just grabbed this last night off Etree. A new Charlie Miller sbd. I highly reccommend it. : )
bt.etree.org/details.php?id=545931
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#38527 3 years, 2 months ago
My brother uses "FrostWire" .....

does that sound like an unsafe or illegal download site that is likely giving us viruses?
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds