• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
BEW
Junior Boarder

Best way to start seeds/growing in apartment?

#37194 2 years, 9 months ago
What's the best way to start seeds when your growing in your apartment/home in a closet type of situation or porch? Also any other suggestions...?
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: Best way to start seeds/growing in apartment?

#37195 2 years, 9 months ago
get a small container place paper towels in it spray with water place seeds on wet towels far apart 2" cover with towel and mist again put in a dark place keep moist in a few days they will sprout place a single sprout in a peat pot,unless your doing hydro.allow sprouts to grow in peat pots till they get larger to transplant intp a 6-8" pots theres a good book called the closet cultivator that will tell you everything you need to know,save your money the lights are pricey they make a nice single metal halide with reflector ballast all one unit and has the hooks for the chain so you can adjust the height.smell is going to be your biggest problem invest in an air cleaner,ionizer or lots of cover scents
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#37196 2 years, 9 months ago
Put them in the dirt and let them sprout.
thin them out as they grow and sex them accordingly
the most important thing is your photo period.
when the lights are off they stay off, no exceptions
and make sure the grow space is leak proof , even tiny slivers of light getting into your grow space can affect your photo period
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#37200 2 years, 9 months ago
If you can avoid using seeds ,that would be your best bet.It being summer,surely you must know someone with a few outdoor plants kicking.Grab a few cuttings,get some rooting powder and go,This will avoid the disappointment of growing males in such a limited space.Good luck,also i STRONGLY suggest getting yourself and ionizer.This will help with the smell.You must cover all angles when doing this in an apartment.Just saying a read all that once.
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#37201 2 years, 9 months ago
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#37202 2 years, 9 months ago
does anyone have access to your place,super,landlord ,remember god forbid fire or burglary you may have visitors
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#37264 2 years, 9 months ago
your biggest prob. is gonna be the lectric bill.
i hope you live where they have medical.
if not, your bill goin from 75 bucks to 400 bucks a month will raise eyebrows.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#37330 2 years, 9 months ago
outdoors is the way to go if you got some woods nearby (most likely to late now this year). Once its set up (which don't take much) you only have to visit once every week or 2. I havn't done it since high school but to this day I havn't had anything better, and it came from bag seeds out of whats known as "mids" "mid-grades" or "middies" around here. completly blew my mind how good the stuff was..... mids and shwag only suck because of the way its grown not cause of genetics, seeds that don't get crushed from either have the potential to grow some outstanding stuff! Everybody thinks you need to buy seeds or get some special strain but you don't. It might be a little better but its all in the way its grown. Save all your bag seeds from different batches and you have a killer crop of different strains - to hell with paying 50 bux for 10 seeds or any of that BS.
BEW
Junior Boarder

#37413 2 years, 9 months ago
Which type of lights? Thanks!
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#37422 2 years, 9 months ago
high pressure sodium or metal halide read the book i provided a link it will answer all questions
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds