• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

Cooking Today

#37062 3 years, 3 months ago
So here's how I cook. I like to cook ahead and have stuff ready during the week. I eat better because I plan what I'm going to cook, and this saves me from going out, or grabbing an unhealthy snack. I still need to watch the snacks, but there's good food around all week.

So I cooked about a pound of sockeye salmon. I like the other, not so pink salmon, but its all they had. I try to have a little everyday. The oil is supposed to be so good for you, i almost take it as a vitamin. Its the easiest thing to cook.

oven 380 for 20 minutes.

Today all I used was a little olive oil, some dill, and garlic powder. You don't need much, let the fish have some of its own taste. It came out good. It usually should be eaten by Friday if you cook it Sunday. If you get up Saturday and are feeling brave, go for it. It'll be fine.

Pasta Salad

This one is nice and healthy and simple. They gotta be simple or I won't make them. I don't need this turning into work.

2lb turkey breast
red, green, yellow pepper cut small
scallions
2 jalapeno
can chicken broth
dash of
cayenne, white pepper, crushed red pepper, cumin seed,
olive oil in broth

Start with the peppers and oil in the broth, then spices, when they get warmed up. then turkey
Cook it until the turkey is done. Boil about 1/2 to 3/4 lb of whole wheat (low glycemic carb) pasta and mix everything together. The broth holds the flavor and covers the pasta. The turkey has a protein, the carb mix with that amount of pasta makes an excellent healthy meal. I serve it cold, but it could be reheated, its good both ways. Mine lasts two weeks in the fridge, but anything after that, you're on your own.

Remember, you're cooking in advance, so you need to be conscientious about when things were cooked. Cook enough to last the fridge life without having to throw anything away.

I do this a lot. It makes for an easy lunch, quick bite before or after workout, etc. Its just nice having some healthy food around.

I do hope you enjoyed reading this. Let me know if anyone tries this, I would like to hear how it goes.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: Cooking Today

#37180 3 years, 3 months ago
nice recipies,we always made a pot of pasta sauce on sundays but its only 2 of us so we dont do that anymore.we always try to keep the fridge stocked with healthy food,we just found a new lettuce artisianlettuce.com at our price chopper you get 4 mini heads that really keep well and its colorful and tasty.also have cherry tomatos and cukes in the fridge ,we hard cook some eggs or throw some canned tuna.i also have an extra freezer,i like to stock up on can goods when the store does the canned food sale,mostly veggies and fruit
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ossumpei
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#37186 3 years, 3 months ago
Thank god someone replied. I thought this was going down as the most boring thread ever.

The eggs are a good idea too, nice snack etc. Always have to have some tuna around too.

I lived in a van for 15 years, so I got to really know long foods last and when they spoil.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#37187 3 years, 3 months ago
You just made everyone head for the kitchen, instead of responding!
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#37189 3 years, 3 months ago
I thought to myself, "holy cow, is my life that dull?" lol

I mean, I didn't expect it to go viral or anything, but still.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#37197 3 years, 3 months ago
im the chef in the house ,so i enjoy cooking threads
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds