• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

Rick Danko

#36432 3 years, 4 months ago
Any one one know if Rick Danko ever covered Brown Eyed Woman or played it with the Dead? Every time I hear that song I can't help but think Rick would have been the perfect voice for it. Man I'm 25 and soooooo in love with The Band yet I find myself only able to listen to em alone for the most part because everyone I know (gf included) aren't down at all. Thanks a million times ten Cpt Tony for the sugarmegs link, Can't get enough of it. So yeah for the most part if anyone has any band/Dead shows or any info on anything Band or Danko/Manuel related please please let me know I would be forever Grateful!!!!!!!!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Rick Danko

#36442 3 years, 4 months ago
heres some for ya

www.wolfgangsvault.com/the-band/

a lot of the shows with Bob Dylan and The Band are here but I don't think all of Dylans sets are there - at least one show. There is also a Rick Danko solo show in there from 77
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#36455 3 years, 4 months ago
safe to say you've seen the last waltz, a must for all fans of the band i love em too. Ophelia where have you gone?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#36470 3 years, 4 months ago
One of my favorite singers. Such a unique voice. Love hearing him do "It makes no difference"
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#36477 3 years, 4 months ago
Super thank you Mushroom man listening to Dankos' solo right now. Is that Clarence Clemens playin with him? I know he played with him an the Ringo in the Allstars. ]

Have seen Last Waltz a million times and can't get enough. My favorite video by them is a recording done at Big Pink playing King Harvest, its on youtube, I really need to figure this linking or attaching stuff out.

I've had It Makes No Difference stuck in my head for the past 3 weeks straight, that and Unfaithful Servant

Much Thanks all
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#36479 3 years, 4 months ago
no problem, glad I could help. if you see the "concert summary" section, it dosn't give the whole thing but at the end of whats there is a link that says "entire summary" and most concerts on wolfgangs tell the line up and give a nice review of the show and/or some info about the band at that time period. This was the line up for that Rick Danko show...

Rick Danko - vocals, bass
Terry Danko - guitar, vocals
Michael DeTemple - guitar
Walt Richmond - keyboards
Marty Greb - organ
Jerry Peterson - saxophone
Danny Seiwell - drums
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#36538 3 years, 4 months ago
No BEW, but you get Danko playing with the Dead. He's very hard to recognize.

Big Boss Man
IKO
Midnight Hour
Goodnight Irene

at 12.31.83

www.archive.org/details/gd1983-12-31.sbd...r.32514.sbeok.flac16
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#36542 3 years, 4 months ago
I got their box set when it came out, only knowing the radio hits and was immediately in love!

Check out Levon's book This Wheel's on Fire, it's a wonderful read and packed with insight. History tells us that Robbie Robertson was the man behind the Band, but it was Richard Manuel all the way.

'Course if you haven't seen Festival Express ..... what's wrong with you!!!!

and one oddity, of sorts, Levon, Garth, and Danko are kinda supplementary musicians in Roger Waters' The Wall performance at the Berlin Wall, released on video. Levon and Danko sing backup to Sinead O'Connor doing "Mother" while Garth plays the squeezebox! Goosebumps!
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds