• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
diamondave
Fresh Boarder

best furthur download for a friend

#36372 3 years, 2 months ago
My buddy is pretty new to Furthur, but wants to hear a great show and great sound. Any recs? Thanks. He wants to be prepared for St Augustine
nastero
Junior Boarder

Re: best furthur download for a friend

#36388 3 years, 2 months ago
3-6-2010 :

Just an all around smokin' show. Great Jack Straw, Wharf Rat, Cumberland, China->Rider and an absolutely brilliant 2nd set from start to finish. Really one of their finest efforts as far as I'm concerned.

12-31-2009 :

Another smokin' show. Another great Jack Straw (I've really yet to hear a bad one, they just nail this song), a rare Candyman, a heart-wrenching So Many Roads, and much, much more (the night before is great too).

Pretty much this entire Winter and Spring tour were top notch as well, but for my money the 3-6-2010 is the one I'd give him.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#36393 3 years, 2 months ago
I say stick with the Florida's. Miami, both Orlando's, and Boca Raton. All smoking hot. Many other goodies though. Broomfields, red rocks, radio city shows.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#36401 3 years, 2 months ago
=-)
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by DeadHead420.
Chester
More or less in line

#36403 3 years, 2 months ago
Check out the Streaming forum. 5 songs from the 2nd night of last years Coney Island show.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#36415 3 years, 2 months ago
I also have a friend who is very curious about the band.
She has no pre-conceived notions at all about Dead music or the like, since she grew up in Europe listening to classical music.

I think she'll love this band, but I am so biased that I can't pick a show that will represent all this band has to offer to someone who doesn't necessarily know what to listen for.

I love the Broome County show from 3/29 and I have been digging intensely on the recent Shoreline shows.

I'd appreciate suggestions from those who have found the band recently, maybe even those who didn't experience the whole Dead trip while it was happening.

Thanks in advance!
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by ruby_claire.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#36417 3 years, 2 months ago
ruby_claire wrote:
I also have a friend who is very curious about the band.
She has no pre-conceived notions at all about Dead music or the like, since she grew up in Europe listening to classical music.

I think she'll love this band, but I am so biased that I can't pick a show that will represent all this band has to offer to someone who doesn't necessarily know what to listen for.

I love the Broome County show from 3/29 and I have been digging intensely on the recent Shoreline shows.

I'd appreciate suggestions from those who have found the band recently, maybe even those who didn't experience the whole Dead trip while it was happening.

Thanks in advance!

I think introducing your friend to some classic dead would be the best way to start em. Thatwaays they'd be more receptive n appreciative of what furtthurs doin nowadays. =-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#36440 3 years, 2 months ago
for an introductory to Dead music in general, it don't get better then the summer of 74' but a compilation cd of all the different time periods would be a great introduction to.

for a Furthur recomendation for somebody new to the music I'm going to say last years Gathering of the Vibes 7/30/10 and then MSG 11/20/10 - both great shows played very well with very high energy from the crowd and good songs to introduce someone to the music as well (at least IMO).

I introduced my friend to the music at the 11/20/10 show..... all he knew by the Grateful Dead was Casey Jones and he knew they played it the night before so he was going into the show wondering how he was going to like it and stuff. After the show he said he never seen anything like it in his life.... he shouldn't of drank with the shrooms, it totally intensified it for him. He told me recently that he was worried he was doing something wrong and during the show he kept asking me stuff like "I'm not doing anything to get me arrested or anything right?" .... and everybody is just dancing away. He actually asked me if he was sitting down at one point (and if were in Canada, since MSG has a big Canadian flag).

but anyway he loved it and would of gone again but he's in the air force right now, he just happened to be visiting home at the same time as the fall 2010 Furthur show.
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by MushroomMan.
milesgone
Junior Boarder
All the milesgone behind me to see shows

#36458 3 years, 2 months ago
THE FABULOUS FOX THEATER ATL 2011!!!!

I was there and it was stellar.. Most upbeat Dark Star ever..

wonderous!!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#36461 3 years, 2 months ago
4/3/11 was an upbeat first set
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds