• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

Re: Maybe I'm Just an Old Fart

#36369 3 years, 2 months ago
No one said it was easy having fun.

My festie days were in my mid-20s at the Philly Folk Fest Thursday to Sunday camping with 40,000....

Some of the best days of my life. But I was always crisp at the end from too little sleep and too much uuh, recreation.

One of my favorite memories was after having listened to 96 hours of folk music I was driving home and I turned on the radio, and it was playing Pink Floyd "Money." All I could hear was banjos and mandolins.

While I would love to drop in on a festival, it's a bit too much work. On the other hand ma and pa sprung for an All Good Ticket for our Dead spawn....
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#36428 3 years, 2 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:

One of my favorite memories was after having listened to 96 hours of folk music I was driving home and I turned on the radio, and it was playing Pink Floyd "Money." All I could hear was banjos and mandolins.

That is too funny! I so know what you mean, even the crickets are chirping with a southern drawl!
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
intothesun
Visitor

#36438 3 years, 2 months ago
I know what you mean. But you always find that corner somewhere where terrapin light still glows . Most kids feel they need drugs to have fun. Not much originality anymore. I cant stand asshole staff at shows that try and act so tough for no reason. If everyone is chillin and havin fun - they can crack a smile. I heard theres no shade at bonnaroo. I would never go to a concert in tennessee where there are no places to swim or cool off. Gotta have a few good swimming holes or rivers when having a festival -- "knew she had to come up soon for air"
milesgone
Junior Boarder
All the milesgone behind me to see shows

#36447 3 years, 2 months ago
Bob.
I announced my retirement from BIG festivals last year at Allgood. Its just too hard on me now.

I will attend small festivals, Bearcreek is easy and Amberland..

other than that, its just a show here and there for me, when I can make it.

I get to see FOUR furthur shows in late july..

Back in my day, we wore an onion on our belt, which was the style at the time
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds