• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Maybe I'm Just an Old Fart

#36170 3 years, 4 months ago
We just iike you to think that. Makes it easier to laugh at you behind your backs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#36171 3 years, 4 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
captaintony wrote:
neverstop66 wrote:
Ok good. Im 44 but my wife says im 12 mentally. So just checking. I was getting worried I might be an old fart.

We might be married to the same lady.

No, that's just what all us 40-something wives tell their guys. But usually it's only true sometimes!

I think your misjudging my maturity (immaturity?) level
Chester
More or less in line

#36174 3 years, 4 months ago
I almost went to the second Bonnaroo. Two of my old tour buddies wanted to go and talked me into it. So, I get
a ticket the first day they go on sale. After trying for a week to confirm they got theirs, one at a time they backed
out. Too long of a drive to do myself, and didn't want to go without my friends, because that's a big part of why I
go to a festival. So, I sold my ticket for a loss on ebay. That was when I realized, I was done with the big, far away
festivals. No way would I go today, even if I had a free ticket. There will come a time in everyones lives when they
become painfuly aware of their limitations. Doesn't mean it's time for retirement. You just play closer to home. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Chester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Confusions Prince, SunshineSue
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#36176 3 years, 4 months ago
Old fart is as old fart does
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#36183 3 years, 4 months ago
after jerry died, all these smaller bands realized that if they gave people a safe place to smoke dope and freak freely they could charge an arm and a leg, "see how much they get you to pay for what you used to get for free..." i.e. the scene is what you pay for at festies, most of the young folks at festies dont even know which bands are good, or even ahve an opinion, i hear people bumpin rap and stupid fukn techno. thank god for furthur, and bobby in general, for keeping live music REAL!!!!
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#36208 3 years, 4 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
after jerry died, all these smaller bands realized that if they gave people a safe place to smoke dope and freak freely they could charge an arm and a leg, "see how much they get you to pay for what you used to get for free..." i.e. the scene is what you pay for at festies, most of the young folks at festies dont even know which bands are good, or even ahve an opinion, i hear people bumpin rap and stupid fukn techno. thank god for furthur, and bobby in general, for keeping live music REAL!!!!

you sure it's not the organizers who realilzed this. I hope all bands aren't that cynical with their music. Furthur brought back a sense for me that the music is still alilve and they're not just doing it to cash in on a quick buck. That very vibe had been absent from me for a long time. Maybe I was getting a little sappy during last years encore in Columbus, but I did feel we would get by.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#36209 3 years, 4 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
We just iike you to think that. Makes it easier to laugh at you behind your backs!

I'm used to women just laughing in my face now I gotta deal with behind my back also?
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#36215 3 years, 4 months ago
captaintony wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:

I'm used to women just laughing in my face now I gotta deal with behind my back also?

It was always there, you just weren't supposed to know about it...
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#36226 3 years, 4 months ago
not older wiser ,who needs all the hassle and standing in the hot sun pouring rain aint fun ,sorry.especially when people forget to bathe.porta potties are nasty the food/drinks cost way too much and why bother anymore when everything is broadcast/streamed .I got heatstoke awhile back and i cant hack the heat no more ,thats my story and im sticking to it
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#36273 3 years, 4 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
captaintony wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:

It was always there, you just weren't supposed to know about it...

sneaky females.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds