"some come to laugh the past away,
some come to make it just one more day,
which ever way your pleasure tend,
IF YOU PLANT ICE YOUR GONNA HARVEST WIND"
Gibsonsforever
Fresh Boarder

Re: Campaign: Please listen to the music and be qu

#4791 3 years, 5 months ago
The disrespect to artist and other listeners is not just "it is what it is".

I usually go only to listening rooms now, thankfully we have several in the DC area.

The crowd at Mason, at least in our area was great - listening during the songs, raising hell and having fun between songs.

So bad at the last three Allman's shows I doubt I'l go again for a long time, if ever.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#5021 3 years, 5 months ago
this really is one of the biggest problems at shows. from my experience it is much worse on the east coast especially in (sorry folks) new york city...the absolute worst is when you politely ask someone to quiet down and they proceed to talk louder, sing more off key, or downright start harrassing you. the best thing to do is first and foremost relax your mind and quickly weigh your options of asking once more or cruising to a new spot...the worst thing you can do is let it bother you...the more you think about it and let it get to you the worse it is..life takes care of ignorant people, be the smarter person..

also fyi there are lot shirts that say SHUT UP THE BAND IS PLAYING
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
PennsylvaniaPete
Junior Boarder

#5027 3 years, 5 months ago
I 100% agree that New York City is the worse for talking during shows. Maybe more people taking mass transit to shows means folks get more drunk?

At least at a festival, its easy to move somewhere else. At a sold out show at the Beacon, its not so easy, especially if you have a great seat to begin with.
The Deadheads gather at the rim of the volcano to dance and sing joyful songs in honor of their fallen hero.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#5090 3 years, 5 months ago
I rarely hit east coast shows now that I'm on the west... and no, people talk here just as much as there. Maybe with less new england accent. It was really bad at Furthur's first Oakland run. I was up by the bar and these kids were laughing and joking and showing each other pictures of their life on their iphones. Not once durgin the whole show, until maybe known song did they even half way pretend to like the music.

Posers.
shakedown71
Fresh Boarder

#5159 3 years, 5 months ago
couldn't agree more. so tired of the excessive talking when trying to enjoy the music. i was at the tower on wed night and these group of guys behind me would not stop talking. i thought of moving many times, but really liked the seat i was in. i was taping the show and had a great spot on the balcony with an open area in front of my equipment. thought the sound was much better up there. i didn't want to be rude and tell them to shut up, and make the situation worse. so i was kind of in a dilema. then one of the guys starts asking about my equipment and asked if i could send him a copy. maybe when i send it to him, and all he hears, are him and his buddies yapping, then maybe it will hit home. thank god they were much more quiet for the second set. ironically, this was after he asked if i would send him a copy. if you are going to have a full blown conversation, then take it in the hallway. if you are there for the music, then maybe you should listen to it. if you want to hoot and holler, then stay outside, or go to a pep rally or something. as far as dancing? isn't that what happens when you listen to music that moves you?
furthurfeline
Junior Boarder

#5179 3 years, 5 months ago
No hooting and hollering... You're not serious are you? Dude it's a GD show. Sure I don't wanna hear folks talk shit about anything other than music, but I sure hope it doesn't come to no hooting and hollering. Nuff said.
Fishtown Boy
Fresh Boarder

Re: Campaign: Please listen to the music and be quiet!

#5321 3 years, 5 months ago
yea what is all the chatter about?? They're playing!!
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#5332 3 years, 5 months ago
it's a rock and roll show, people aren't going to be quiet, and that's why to this day I still love outdoor shows. I noticed lately when I do go to an indoor show, I don't like it as much because of the silence. You'd think with getting older I would appreciate the quiet atmosphere, but I, speaking for myself, enjoy the rock scene. I love the surroundings, I love the people from all different walks of life and most of all I love the music. It all mixes into one. If its too loud then you're getting too damn old and don't let the behavior of others ruin your good time cause chances are you were that person once.
Charlie Sheen
Junior Boarder

#5334 3 years, 5 months ago
GET OFF OF MY LAWN !!!!!!!

to reiterate on what I said before.......I am not one who appreciates gabbing too very much at a show unless it's about the song at hand but as far as singing.....it shouldn't be shunned upon unless their shouting but somebody whistling or screaming Free Bird should be addressed accordingly.

we need to respect one another as that the gist of life much less an experience at a GD show.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds