• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Loonyj
Junior Boarder

Re: Campaign: Please listen to the music and be quiet!

#4285 3 years, 4 months ago
AMEN!!!
My favorite show, is the next one!
www.phumes.com
WGJORDAN3
Junior Boarder

#4298 3 years, 4 months ago
BEST THING TO DO IS BLOCK THOSE CLOWNS OUT AND FOCUS ON THE MUSIC, MOVE TO ANOTHER SPOT (CLOSER TO THE STAGE,) OR TELL THEM BETWEEN A SONG THAT IF THEY PIPE DOWN WHILE THE BANDS PLAYIIN THEY MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING.
"TAKE MY ADVICE, YOU'D BE BETTER OFF DEAD."
The following user(s) said Thank You: garyfish, deliadelion
derek92
Junior Boarder

#4331 3 years, 4 months ago
Wow ahah you guys are dead serious about sitting and listening when you can do that at home on a computer for free.(without your pet peeves) Thanks ill be taking that ticket and not talking will dancing and observing on and off.
Down for the no talking thing because is annoys me too(it's alcohol) The dancing thing thought is outragous "Hey man there are people enjoying themselves" DeadHeads can be odd sometimes
Archive.org Sit downers/No Talkers
spinneresque108
Junior Boarder

Re: Campaign: Please listen to the music and be qu

#4334 3 years, 4 months ago
Listening does not require sitting down! I am an avid dancer and dance the whole time, that does not make blocking out loud drunken conversations any easier.

The issue is not about 'be quiet and sit down,' sitting has nothing to do with it. The discussion is just about how to raise awareness in people that the band playing is worth listening to, so please be respectful of the musicians and the audience by paying attention.

It seems that most agree the obnoxious noise is alcohol related...
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by spinneresque108.
deliadelion
Junior Boarder

#4362 3 years, 4 months ago
Love you too Duke
Tim The Beek
Junior Boarder

#4368 3 years, 4 months ago
deliadelion wrote:
Yep, it's a rock'n'roll show. I've been going to rock'n'roll shows for 40 years. I don't need or want to jump around every single time anymore. So, because my money is just as green as anyone else's, on the nights when I prefer to get into the music by watching and listening while sitting down, I'd like a place to be able to do that.

Maybe it would be good for bands/venues to sell tickets in a designated "sit down section," so that if you have a seat there, it's expected that you stay in your seat.

But folks who ask people to sit down at rock shows get under my skin a little bit...
The following user(s) said Thank You: VooDoo
gd4ever
Fresh Boarder

#4370 3 years, 4 months ago
dancing is a huge part of the music. it has been since the very beggining. why be negative towards dancing? there are plenty of places you can go and not be bothered by dancing. i have never understood why peoplle would go stand in the middle of a group of people dancing and then get angry because someone bumps into them. its because your your just standing there and not into the groove that you get bumped. the dancers are not running into each other. there is room for all of us.
spinneresque108
Junior Boarder

#4371 3 years, 4 months ago
This topic is not about sitting down. No one is saying everyone should sit down! That would be the saddest thing EVER, that at a furthur show everyone was sitting down.

Myself, I prefer to be around dancing people. But dancing people are not the ones making all the noise. Dancing people are usually listening to the music!
The following user(s) said Thank You: garyfish
furthurfeline
Junior Boarder

#4372 3 years, 4 months ago
Tim The Beek wrote:
deliadelion wrote:
Yep, it's a rock'n'roll show. I've been going to rock'n'roll shows for 40 years. I don't need or want to jump around every single time anymore. So, because my money is just as green as anyone else's, on the nights when I prefer to get into the music by watching and listening while sitting down, I'd like a place to be able to do that.

Maybe it would be good for bands/venues to sell tickets in a designated "sit down section," so that if you have a seat there, it's expected that you stay in your seat.

But folks who ask people to sit down at rock shows get under my skin a little bit

Me too Tim. Saw a Little Feat show not long ago and almost everyone in this small theater was seated except for the last song. I had one woman ask me to move because I was apparently blocking her view. Not sure how the view makes the sound any different... and another woman actually kicked me all while sitting front row with arms folded and glaring at the folks getting down. It seemed really silly to me since this really is dancin music. The band were smilin at those of us dancin. I would think its a bit of a downer for the band to look at an audience full of people sitting, often poker faced with arms crossed, and not getting down to their tunes.
To each their own, but please let me enjoy the show the way I want to. I paid the same amount for my ticket as you.
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by furthurfeline.
leshweirD
Junior Boarder

#4374 3 years, 4 months ago
This discussion reminds me of those that complain about others drivng habits.
"how come this person is drivng soooo slow. Don't they pay attention to what the speed limit is".
"I can't believe this person is trying to pass me. What are they in such a rush for."
"the light is red! Come on, get a move on."

Too bad everyone couldn't just be the same as ME, then the world would be a much better place!
(insert eyeroll emoticon here)

If peoples behavior bothers you, maybe ya should consider not attending populated events where you just know there will be some that will act in ways you don't approve of.

Now if someone is acting unsafe, that is a different matter, and for the most part, the crowd is good at capturing that, and if not, that is the real reason for security (some sercurity folks should be reminded that this is really their real function).

I guess I have been guilty of irritating fellow attendees at times (not sure about them being deadheads) by acting in ways they felt was inappropriate. I have been known to really get into certain song(s) and break out in what I would loosely call a dance (HA! body gyrations more like it), I have been heard at times singing along with others, I have yelled out to the band, sometimes just yelling one or two of their names for them to hear (no whistling though, but mostly probably because I don't know how to loud enough for it to be heard very well. Probably a good thing!), I have given random high fives and hugs during the start of some songs, and I have also just stood quietly, soaking in the entire experience.

Lots of factors play a role on behavior, the peeps surrounding, current headspace, how long it's been since the last show, and of coarse, ehem...so called enhancements (alcohol and other adult treats, which we all know has different effects at different times).

I don't think it's very reasonable to have the expectation that everyone at the show is going to act the way you want them to. And to try and affect behavior in others by wearing shirts or passing them a card that essentially tells them to stfu will make matters worse in as many peeps as you hope to improve.
To each their own though, and for those who might be standing near me at the next show, be kind....please....my behavior is not meant to impede your good time. You just may find me offering you a water if I notice you are thirsty, or an orange to share with your loved ones, maybe a glowie to wear if you would like to be festive.

May the light shine away the darkness.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ramblin_Joe, VooDoo
Raynequeen
Fresh Boarder

#4375 3 years, 4 months ago
dancing is fine. feel it. but shut up. please. thanks.
Tim The Beek
Junior Boarder

#4377 3 years, 4 months ago
Raynequeen wrote:
dancing is fine. feel it. but shut up. please. thanks.

Nice meetin' you before the Sunday Garden show last fall!
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds