• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
quomaya2
Junior Boarder

Re: Campaign: Please listen to the music and be quiet!

#4137 3 years, 5 months ago
for real^
tomass
Junior Boarder
High There?

#4145 3 years, 5 months ago
Old farts section. HILARIOUS! It is a Rock and Roll show but to each his own. Kinda like smoking or non-
When you need a haircut bad..........
BlueVisions
Fresh Boarder

#4146 3 years, 5 months ago
Never gonna happen.
Charlie Sheen
Junior Boarder

Re: Campaign: Please listen to the music and be qu

#4207 3 years, 5 months ago
with all do respect and I think the word 'respect' is what we're after here and needs to be looked at and considered from both sides, this coming from a past taper.......
the concert or performance is for peeps to come and sing and dance and get there ya ya's out or laugh the past away.........the taping is all secondary...it's a privilege not a right...yuk, yuk......
but really....can you actually expect an entire audience to be quite so you can get the perfect recording....that's beyond comprehension to me and comes off as arrogant, especially when you can get the board which should solve the whole problem anyway.
I say why not just have one Audience Tape produced at the board like days of yore and make that available for free download, then sell the sound board for those that want it.....then for those that choose they can take it home and make a Matrix out of it and all that and the best part is you would now be able to enjoy the show and nobody would be bugging each other and everybody would be happy......right ?
Lynx
Visitor

#4211 3 years, 5 months ago
Charlie Sheen wrote:
with all do respect and I think the word 'respect' is what we're after here and needs to be looked at and considered from both sides, this coming from a past taper.......
the concert or performance is for peeps to come and sing and dance and get there ya ya's out or laugh the past away.........the taping is all secondary...it's a privilege not a right...yuk, yuk......
but really....can you actually expect an entire audience to be quite so you can get the perfect recording....that's beyond comprehension to me and comes off as arrogant, especially when you can get the board which should solve the whole problem anyway.
I say why not just have one Audience Tape produced at the board like days of yore and make that available for free download, then sell the sound board for those that want it.....then for those that choose they can take it home and make a Matrix out of it and all that and the best part is you would now be able to enjoy the show and nobody would be bugging each other and everybody would be happy......right ?

Welcome to the board Chuck!
Bebop
Fresh Boarder

#4216 3 years, 5 months ago
I don't think I am able to wear a shirt that says "shut up" on it... just not me...

but I am not opposed to the idea!!

some suggestions.

shhhh the band is on the highway
your talking is bothering my dancing
friends don't let friends yak at shows
Fidd~lyn
Junior Boarder

#4217 3 years, 5 months ago
...and those whistlers, OMG !! we had one behind us at Tower Fri nite.....went right thru ya, i swear. Why do people also feel the need to hold a convo right in the middle of a good jam or space....drives me nuts, i turn around and "glare"....a couple o times, then i do the ol ear cup, i don't care if it's rude, i think it's ruder to TALK and YAP during a great jam !!

If i don't like a song, i just sit and listen, or go to the restroom. I'm sorry as i've observed it is mostly those harboring a beer in hand too... very frustrating, i thought about making these lil cards to hand out when this happens, but i fear it would make problem worse at time of incident ~
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by Fidd~lyn.
deliadelion
Junior Boarder

#4220 3 years, 5 months ago
Yep, it's a rock'n'roll show. I've been going to rock'n'roll shows for 40 years. I don't need or want to jump around every single time anymore. So, because my money is just as green as anyone else's, on the nights when I prefer to get into the music by watching and listening while sitting down, I'd like a place to be able to do that.

Moreover, for (say) the Philathon, joining the line early enough to get near one of the rails and then standing up basically until the show ends, comes out to 7.5 hours on yer feet per show (105 hours over the whole run). Fuck yeah I want to be able to sit down un-bothered a few nights!
Charlie Sheen
Junior Boarder

#4223 3 years, 5 months ago
maybe the designated sitting and quiet area section should be all around the taper section.....that way it can have a trickle down effect.
Strummer101er
Junior Boarder

#4259 3 years, 5 months ago
if you can't hear over people talking the band needs to be turned fuckin' up.

And folks sitting down and expecting those around them to do the same should be fed to wild pigs.
Let fury have the hour. Anger can be power - the clash
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony
Brooklyn Jimmy
Junior Boarder

#4261 3 years, 5 months ago
Charlie Sheen wrote:
maybe the designated sitting and quiet area section should be all around the taper section.....that way it can have a trickle down effect.

This is a good idea.
But also, the sitting section could be on your couch at home, the next day on gdradio.net.
ForSure25
Fresh Boarder

#4280 3 years, 5 months ago
I saw the black crowes in albany in october and during their acoustic set a random girl in the crowd decided that she was going to play along with the band on tombourine for the entire set. That was big, big fun right ther.
Time to create page: 1.28 seconds