• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Ramblin_Joe
Junior Boarder

Re: Campaign: Please listen to the music and be qu

#4397 3 years, 4 months ago
Anybody remember the group clap during a past version of Brokedown Palace? As much as that song screams for a silent audience, the version when the crowd clapped with the beat was amazing great and unique.
spinneresque108
Junior Boarder

#4425 3 years, 4 months ago
In the old GD days people were encouraged to forego alcohol in the show (and instead perhaps try something else?).

Making the sound way better and louder all-over a venue would also be a fantastic help.
W i n o
Junior Boarder

Re: Campaign: Please listen to the music and be quiet!

#4426 3 years, 4 months ago
I paid my money soooooooooo I`m not going to be quite.

Just go away if you don`t like it..
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by W i n o.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#4431 3 years, 4 months ago
spinneresque108 wrote:
Dear friends, I know many of us share the frustration of being at the show surrounded by people who WON'T. STOP. TALKING.

I have a few ideas about how we could spread a movement, like 'be kind to your neighbors and respectful of the musicians.' We all paid money to hear the concert, so please let us! This problem was bad in the later GD days, but it seems to be just as bad now with rare exceptions.

Some of us travel a long way to hear the show, only to have to move from place to place to place when the music starts in search of respectful neighbors.

I have a few ideas, but I think you may have better ones. A table outside the entrance, with a "Shut up and listen! "

But something a bit more classy perhaps like, Be kind to your neighbors.... Listen to the music play!

Carry signs at intermission?

A 'team' with T-shirts?

I'm sure you all can come up with more clever slogans to express this sentiment.

I think people just blather on and on during the show because they are not so aware of what they are doing? (the talking usually seems alcohol-influenced)

They wouldn't do that during a 2-hour, $12 movie, then why is it okay at a $70 music concert?

Let's raise awareness in our audience!

Thoughts, ideas?

and NO MORE "Sing-Alongs" please!
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Strummer101er
Junior Boarder

#4600 3 years, 4 months ago
In the old GD days people were encouraged to forego alcohol in the show<<

fuck that noise.
Let fury have the hour. Anger can be power - the clash
Brooklyn Jimmy
Junior Boarder

#4605 3 years, 4 months ago
Seriously.
garyfish
Junior Boarder

#4620 3 years, 4 months ago
I'm in solidarity with those who lament the loud, incessant chatterers in our midst... and I wish something could be done about it in a kind, respectful way.

Maybe it would be worth trying something along the lines of those signs that a couple people mentioned Neil had at one or more of his shows...

Maybe something like this??

Talkers_chatterers_ShutUpDuringLiveMusic_sign.jpg

And, for the record, I have NO problem with dancers or spinners... unless they're overly aggressive and constantly bumping into their neighbors, and/or demanding a huge amount of real estate in a packed venue
Ramblin_Joe
Junior Boarder

#4669 3 years, 4 months ago
Neil Young also doesn't allow people to bring alcohol to their seats. You can drink in the hallways, but the ushers won't let anything past there. With that said, it was not a fun concert because I felt like I couldn't move an inch without possibly disturbing anyone (including Neil).
VooDoo
Fresh Boarder

#4689 3 years, 4 months ago
I am not a fan of excessive talking either, but the thing I try to remember is that not everyone comes to shows for the same reason. Some come soley to listen to the music, others come to hang out, party with friends and socialize and some come for both. So to expect everyone else to have the same intention/agenda as yourself will only cause you to be frustrated
Raynequeen
Fresh Boarder

#4730 3 years, 4 months ago
i dont have an agenda... but the band does... to get from point A to point B.... we're in it together, and if you keep slowing us down or interrupting the flow- you need to get off the bus...

if you talk incessantly i will tell you to be quiet... yammering away about business deals, friends in utah, or what you had for dinner means nothing - to me or the universe.... either take it in the hallway or let it drift away and listen to the music play.....

my biggest turn off of 'the talkers' are those that do nothing but criticize the band... ? why are they there? must be awesome to have enough money to buy tix and not enjoy it... ha.

can't wait for tomorrow !
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds