• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Bobs Beard
Fresh Boarder

Re: Campaign: Please listen to the music and be quiet!

#3969 3 years, 5 months ago
A taper's nightmare heard 11 seconds into Rosemary from the Tower ia600405.us.archive.org/23/items/furthur...r2011-03-18s2t05.mp3
Tim The Beek
Junior Boarder

#3970 3 years, 5 months ago
Josh wrote:
I understand all the communal mumbo jumbo about Dead shows...

Or maybe not so much.
spinneresque108
Junior Boarder

Re: Campaign: Please listen to the music and be qu

#4045 3 years, 5 months ago
Does anyone remember exactly what those signs said at the Neil Young shows?

Personally I don't mind the singing and sometimes I like it (but best to be kind if you are near the tapers!). it's the *not paying attention* that I think is more the issue, it disturbs others when we are in a group environment and don't at least try to be considerate and let the concertgoers *listen to the band*!

The following user(s) said Thank You: deliadelion
leshweirD
Junior Boarder

#4051 3 years, 5 months ago
Tim The Beek wrote:
Josh wrote:
I understand all the communal mumbo jumbo about Dead shows...

Or maybe not so much.

this
quomaya2
Junior Boarder

#4137 3 years, 5 months ago
for real^
tomass
Junior Boarder
High There?

#4145 3 years, 5 months ago
Old farts section. HILARIOUS! It is a Rock and Roll show but to each his own. Kinda like smoking or non-
When you need a haircut bad..........
BlueVisions
Fresh Boarder

#4146 3 years, 5 months ago
Never gonna happen.
Charlie Sheen
Junior Boarder

#4207 3 years, 5 months ago
with all do respect and I think the word 'respect' is what we're after here and needs to be looked at and considered from both sides, this coming from a past taper.......
the concert or performance is for peeps to come and sing and dance and get there ya ya's out or laugh the past away.........the taping is all secondary...it's a privilege not a right...yuk, yuk......
but really....can you actually expect an entire audience to be quite so you can get the perfect recording....that's beyond comprehension to me and comes off as arrogant, especially when you can get the board which should solve the whole problem anyway.
I say why not just have one Audience Tape produced at the board like days of yore and make that available for free download, then sell the sound board for those that want it.....then for those that choose they can take it home and make a Matrix out of it and all that and the best part is you would now be able to enjoy the show and nobody would be bugging each other and everybody would be happy......right ?
Lynx
Visitor

#4211 3 years, 5 months ago
Charlie Sheen wrote:
with all do respect and I think the word 'respect' is what we're after here and needs to be looked at and considered from both sides, this coming from a past taper.......
the concert or performance is for peeps to come and sing and dance and get there ya ya's out or laugh the past away.........the taping is all secondary...it's a privilege not a right...yuk, yuk......
but really....can you actually expect an entire audience to be quite so you can get the perfect recording....that's beyond comprehension to me and comes off as arrogant, especially when you can get the board which should solve the whole problem anyway.
I say why not just have one Audience Tape produced at the board like days of yore and make that available for free download, then sell the sound board for those that want it.....then for those that choose they can take it home and make a Matrix out of it and all that and the best part is you would now be able to enjoy the show and nobody would be bugging each other and everybody would be happy......right ?

Welcome to the board Chuck!
Bebop
Fresh Boarder

#4216 3 years, 5 months ago
I don't think I am able to wear a shirt that says "shut up" on it... just not me...

but I am not opposed to the idea!!

some suggestions.

shhhh the band is on the highway
your talking is bothering my dancing
friends don't let friends yak at shows
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds