• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Campaign: Please listen to the music and be quiet!

#3839 3 years ago
Yeah, at least be quiet near the tapers. And, in general try to remeber it's a shared experience. Respect each others space. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
amigo del diablo
Junior Boarder

#3866 3 years ago
Neil Young played the Tower about 2 years ago (give or take) there were signs plastered all over the lobby that basically said STFU, just a little more politely. Whether it was the signs or just the crowd, it was great. Neil's first set was solo acoustic, and no one said a word. The second set was Neil with Crazy Horse, and it didn't matter if people were screaming; you wouldn't have heard a gun shot go off in there.
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#3871 3 years ago
I have a Neil Young acoustic show from early 70s. At one point of the show I guess some people are talking a lot and all the sudden during one of his songs Neil stops and says "SHUT UP! I'm going through a lot right now and I don't need to hear your talking" or something along those lines. Pretty funny stuff.
Neil is coming back to the tower in May
amigo del diablo
Junior Boarder

#3874 3 years ago
Yeah, I'd love to see him, but I may have to pass due to lack of funds - tix start at $70+service charges for balcony, on up to $waytoodamnexpensiveforme.

Is it just him doing Le Noize?
Brooklyn Jimmy
Junior Boarder

#3881 3 years ago
This ain't no library.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strummer101er
spinneresque108
Junior Boarder

Re: Campaign: Please listen to the music and be qu

#3882 3 years ago
An early 70's show, I can't remember which one but I think in 1973, when Wharf Rat slows down Jerry says, "ssshh."
Strummer101er
Junior Boarder

#3891 3 years ago
Singing along and talking loudly and often are different.<<

Yeah, singing doesn't bump into me.

I'll take a buch of hootin' and hollerin at a show over some yahoos who think they can spin any where they want.
Let fury have the hour. Anger can be power - the clash
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brooklyn Jimmy
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#3898 3 years ago
Strummer101er wrote:
Singing along and talking loudly and often are different.<<

Yeah, singing doesn't bump into me.

I'll take a buch of hootin' and hollerin at a show over some yahoos who think they can spin any where they want.

I second that haha
Josh
Junior Boarder

#3904 3 years ago
Agreed. Stop talking and stop singing. I didn't pay to hear you attempt to sing along with the band. Yes, we ALL know the words to Sugar Mag and we're all very impressed that you do too. That's what you do at home and in your car, kiddies. The adults like to hear the band do their jobs. I understand all the communal mumbo jumbo about Dead shows, but it's still a concert - NOT a house party.
deliadelion
Junior Boarder

#3957 3 years ago
I've noticed over the past few years that the singalong gets LOUD when it's a Jerry tune. At first this kind of freaked me out but now I take it as a deeply heartfelt communal tribute to the Fat Man and I enjoy it.

I imagine all kinds of intricate hells for perpetual screamers and whistlers though. They're the worst for me.
Time to create page: 1.08 seconds