• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: What do you Do That Chalenges You?

#35876 3 years, 1 month ago
its a challenge for me to lay in bed every night with so much good music going that I don't want to miss...... and then of course its an even bigger challenge getting up for work at 7am after 4-5 hours sleep.

I sleep with music anyway but I never want to go to bed no matter how tired I am, usually I pass out and wake up a few hours later with either by bowl spilt all over me or my bowl laying on the floor...
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#35910 3 years, 1 month ago
Irrenarzt wrote:
For me, it's making beer I really want to drink the fuck out of. I'm a competitive national level homebrewer and I make some damn good beer but I'm my own worst enemy as I find some niggling fault with almost every batch I make. My pickiness will be my downfall. At least when I do hit it, I hit the big homerun ball.
i used to homebrew me and my buddies ,we calle ourselves ,the good ol boys beer company,i was the head brewer we made all the styles but my stout was the best/favorite,double the alchol and so dark the foam could easily float 2 bottle caps.lot of fun but lots or work,i got my "joy of homebrewing" round here somewhere ever read it?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#35926 3 years, 1 month ago
Ashtanga yoga. Striving to do my practice every single day, even after a grueling day at work is an enormous challenge, and I have yet to accomplish a routine seven days straight, but I'm getting there.

Another huge challenge is reading the Furthur board and resisting the urge to give Capt. Tony & crew a verbal bitch slap!
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#35927 3 years, 1 month ago
Thanks for some interesting responses. I definitely have a couple of these myself. Keeping quiet at work, pain, staying focused. All stuff that's hard to do. I hope you live in a medical mj friendly state for that pain. I've heard it really helps.

Sometimes I wonder why I keep doing karate. Its hard to do, you get hit and kicked, it seems you're always hurting something. I look at the other people who have been there as long, or longer, and there seems to be no connection. Its up to the individual, and some people keep doing it. Sometimes I have easier days, I take it easy and have a fun work out. Here's the secret to it all.

Keep trying.

That's how everything happens, by continuing to try. Same with beer, or becoming a runner, or whatever. When you hit a wall and things go slow, so what, take a break and try again tomorrow. Just keep at it. All the greats of everything continued to try and improve. Ray Charles, kept trying. etc, etc...

That's what this thread was about, so I could keep saying keep trying.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: formerly FLJen, bokb, SunshineSue
kfender
Gold Boarder

#35930 3 years, 1 month ago
How about the Sunday New York Times crossword puzzle.My mom has Parkinson's and the DR. told here that it keeps the brain more focused to do puzzles and stuff.She got me hooked on the damn things.
kfender
Gold Boarder

#35931 3 years, 1 month ago
Also my job as a prison guard is challanging.I get alot of respect from the inmates for not being a straight up asshole to them.Then I get alot of shit from my coworkers for not being a straight up asshole to the inmates.It's not in my nature to be an asshole to anyone really.A lot of guys I work with must have been picked on when they were younger and now it's their turn to be the bully.I think it's funny and sad at the same time.I am way too smart for the job not to sound arrogant or anything.I only took the job to provide for my family and nothing more.I think of it as a big sociology experiment.I kee myself there as little as possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ossumpei, iamthedoor, DeadHead420
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#35943 3 years, 1 month ago
Dancing my ass off at shows! Got two bum knees from a bike vs. car incident (I was on the bike, and didn't win)
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#35951 3 years, 1 month ago
I can see where being a prison guard would be challenging. I don't think I could do it.

I suppose if I had to I could be a bouncer. It would suck having to be hard with people.

I have a lot of respect for you for that.

And trying anything with bad knees sucks. If I work on the jiujitsu to much mine start hurting.

That shows the different types of keep trying. If you're in pain, you have to keep trying. If you brew beer, you have to live with the mistakes, which may be pretty good after all anyway. If its a job, you do it for the paycheck to feed the folks.

Then there's the voluntary stuff. Running, yoga, karate, crossword puzzles. You do those to improve yourself in some way. The physical ones cause aches and pains but you choose to do them anyway. Somewhere there is a payoff for all the exercise. I feel good quite a lot of the time. I've gotten it worked out so I treat the bruises and keep myself able to go on. I would feel as if my life was empty in some way without it. I love it.

I was talking to a free climber. He told me I was crazy to do kickboxing because of getting hit. I had to remind him that boxing gloves are a lot softer than a rock. He still looked at me as if I was out of my mind.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

#36077 3 years, 1 month ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
Irrenarzt wrote:
For me, it's making beer I really want to drink the fuck out of. I'm a competitive national level homebrewer and I make some damn good beer but I'm my own worst enemy as I find some niggling fault with almost every batch I make. My pickiness will be my downfall. At least when I do hit it, I hit the big homerun ball.
i used to homebrew me and my buddies ,we calle ourselves ,the good ol boys beer company,i was the head brewer we made all the styles but my stout was the best/favorite,double the alchol and so dark the foam could easily float 2 bottle caps.lot of fun but lots or work,i got my "joy of homebrewing" round here somewhere ever read it?

Oh yeah I read Papazian years ago. I've met him a few times over the years at NHC. He's a good guy.
All You Need
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds