• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: gas prices ain't going down

#36221 3 years, 4 months ago
we do get a far amount of oil from Canada but i think thats way better than the Mideast,Canada doesn't want us dead(far as i know).we definitely need to curb our appetite for fossil fuels lots of progress being made in live in PA once the coal capital of the universe and windmills dot the hillsides now so theres hope
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#36692 3 years, 3 months ago
the experts were wrong 83...i just read in the USA today that we've just busted out 60 mil barrels from the reserves which is going to drive prices down to a nat'l average of about 3.40/gal around july 4th...we'll probably still be riding that wave during tour..sometimes it's nice when they're wrong
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
ddsstyle
Visitor

#36694 3 years, 3 months ago
wlewis wrote:
the experts were wrong 83...i just read in the USA today that we've just busted out 60 mil barrels from the reserves which is going to drive prices down to a nat'l average of about 3.40/gal around july 4th...we'll probably still be riding that wave during tour..sometimes it's nice when they're wrong

this is simply a stopgap measure and will solve nothing, except save us a couple dozen more fill ups under 4 bucks.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#36702 3 years, 3 months ago
exactly the reserve thing is like a days worth of usage ,in reality the idea behind it besides to gain some presidential poll numbers is to temporarily bust the price and kill the hoarders of oil who bought on margin and are trying to manipulate the price,good riddens to em,the government needs to raise the actual cash needed and actual storage space requirements to eliminate these guys.thats a real big part of the problem.however the other good thing to come out of this is it will help lower manufacturing costs which theoretical should lower consumer prices,not going to hold my breathe.gas is 3.57 near me ,i shop at a store that gives ya 10 cents off a gal for every 50 bucks ya spend and you can accumulate the money,i suggest yall try to find similar programs ya have to buy food might as well get a discount on gas,also Sam's club and costco sell gas cheaper than most stations if your a member,I'm not
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#36754 3 years, 3 months ago
no matter what kind of measure it is THE GAS PRICES ARE GOING DOWN right now...i didn't say they wouldnt go up again but they are going to go down for the time being...they've never gone up and gone down and stayed down ..it will continue to rise indefinitely over time, until we don't use it any longer...i guess i'm just happy we get the time down before it shoots back up
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#36759 3 years, 3 months ago
It's 3.40 at the station down the street
Doesn't matter anyway anything over 1.00 per gallon is too much !
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#36791 3 years, 3 months ago
that was my point a dime is no big deal under 3 is better
kfender
Gold Boarder

#36794 3 years, 3 months ago
Down 30 cents in 3 weeks here in Central NY
83msg1sttyme