• Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Bob Dylan at Jones Beach 8/13

#35672 3 years, 1 month ago
with Leon Russell

jonesbeach.com/?gclid=CLrVtbjQxakCFQRubAodKXmeNg

who else is going? - I think they go onsale this week

Perfect way to end my summer after 5 Furthur and at least 1 Bobby solo show, never saw Leon but I've seen Bob 3 times and I still love the music he's puting out these days. I won't follow him but I'll catch him at least once a year when he comes around....
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: Bob Dylan at Jones Beach 8/13

#35678 3 years, 1 month ago
rumor is hes going to play monatage mt which is 1/2 hr from home for me
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#35679 3 years, 1 month ago
Going to see him in Philly in August. Always a great show I go see him atleast once a year.
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#35681 3 years, 1 month ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
rumor is hes going to play monatage mt which is 1/2 hr from home for me

He is. Date and ticket info is on his website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#35699 3 years, 1 month ago
is his whole tour with Leon or just Jones Beach? ...... Jones Beach is known to have special 1 off line ups like that...
Chester
More or less in line

#35701 3 years, 1 month ago
MushroomMan wrote:
is his whole tour with Leon or just Jones Beach? ...... Jones Beach is known to have special 1 off line ups like that...

That's a good question. I'll be catching Bob at Canandaigua on 8/9. I'd love it if Leon made the whole tour.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#35703 3 years, 1 month ago
Chester wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:

That's a good question. I'll be catching Bob at Canandaigua on 8/9. I'd love it if Leon made the whole tour.

Only bad thing is it shortens Dylan's set. Good thing for some people bad for others.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#35704 3 years, 1 month ago
does it really though cause he dosn't play 2 sets....

I seen him 3 times, solo then once with Elvis Costello solo acoustic and then with Willie & Melloncamp...... from what I recall all 3 of Dylans sets were about the same leangth - I could be wrong I'm gunna look up the setlists when I get a minute....

good call though
Chester
More or less in line

#35706 3 years, 1 month ago
bitzer87 wrote:
Chester wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:

Only bad thing is it shortens Dylan's set. Good thing for some people bad for others.

True, but I've never had a chance to see Leon, and I've seen Dylan over a dozen times. So, I'd take the trade off.
Especially if there's any chance of a collaberation. I'll be happy either way. A Dylan show is always fun.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
ratdogfreak
Junior Boarder

#35725 3 years, 1 month ago
the whole tour will not have leon, but everything after the first 8 or so shows will have him. i think he hops on the tour in texas and finishes it out (or at least all that is currently announced). as for shortening bob's set. you may get one or two less songs, but he plays such short shows anyway there really is no room to make it even shoreter. i have seen bob more than most people and whether he is alone or with somebody his shows are about the same length i am a little bummed that leon is not on the west coast dates, which are the only shows i have planned so far this tour. although i always say i won't go all the way out east for bob, i usually end up doing it anyway.
"a short while back the door flung wide
we all saw good luck on the other side
the door blew shut but here's the deal
dreams are lies, it's the dreaming that's real"
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds